Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 09:09 AM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

254 REPLIES 254
Floffy
First Poster
Options

I just bought a brand new Frontier this thursday.
It's also on Tizen 3.0.0.2 and I'm not happy with the watch because of the battery issues.

I have disabled everything, but still battery is draining to fast. This night it went from 100% to 51% when I woke up. And I have almost disabled everything.
When will new software update be released?

I'm actually going to return the watch some time this week and get a another brand because of this.

0 Likes
Pablo2
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Gear s3, Tizen 4.0.0.2.

My battery drain problem came from a widget. I didn't get any feedback from the watch till yesterday (2 months with high battery drain issues). Yesterday I got a message saying the calendar week number message widget was draining my battery. I stopped the widget and the battery behaviour is now as before having the issues (now is ok).

I guess the issue is that widget battery consumption is not reflected in the summary, only apps are shown. 

You all can try eliminating all widgets to see if the problem comes from there and add one by one every day monitoring the battery consumption (just an idea).

Regards,

Pablo. 

0 Likes
Klmzaz
First Poster
Options

From your phone on thr gear setting, force close  the setting as it drains the battery. 

NavedRasul
First Poster
Options

Thanks, this solved my battery problem. 🙂

NiallD
First Poster
Options

I have had the battery drain problem for a while now. It would randomly drop quickly and sometimes just switch off. Using any fitness tracking apps caused the battery to last max 1 hour. Mine was out of warranty, so I had nothing to lose. I order a new battery and the tools to replaced it. The old battery was very swollen and look damaged. It might be a bad batch of batteries or a software update changed the way the it charges and damaged it. The new battery is now showing 16% after 4 days off charge. Hopefully that's it sorted.

0 Likes