Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear IconX 2018: PC Software error

(Topic created on: 19-02-2019 12:37 AM)
Ash80
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Having recently bought the IconX, I'm trying to install the PC software to transfer music directly to the earbuds on a Windows 10 machine.

However after the installation finishes and I try to launch the program I keep getting the following error message popping up:

"the ordinal 7138 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Gear IconX\Gear IconX.exe"

Annotation 2019-02-19 003607.jpg

I have been consulting prof Google for a few minutes and although haven't found anything exactly the same, some similar error messages (interestingly Samsung related also, mostly!) seem to have been resolved by installing MS Visual C++ 2008 SP1.

I have tried installing the x64 and x86 versions directly from MS with no avail.

I've also tried a newer versions from the MS again, but still the same issue.

Another interesting fact: After installing the software, if I double click the installation file/package again, it tells me that a newer version is already installed!!! and in order to install this version I need to uninstall the newer version first!

Can anybody provide some help on how I can get this software functioning?!

Many thanks

Ash

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ash80
First Poster
Options

I'm bumping this up the list to hopefully get a response!

Are there any Samsung mods in these forums??

0 Likes
GabbyIvonne
Student
Options

I get the same, error, found in the web that looking at the path were they software is installed are the drivers, install the drivers but still same error, on the Samsumng page I downloaded the lates software from their site which shows compatible with windows 10 but still same error. ... 

0 Likes
GabbyIvonne
Student
Options

after trying so many things... thins work for me for the gear iconx...even though the video is for the smart watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJhYxfuXy4

hope it works for you too.

Cheers!

0 Likes
GabbyIvonne
Student
Options
0 Likes
Ash80
First Poster
Options

Perfect

Thank you very much

Not sure how you related these 2 problems together! as the error codes are actually different and the platforms and devices that are causing it also... but nonetheless it does seem to work

Thanks

0 Likes
agustins
First Poster
Options

It worked for me, I installed   "Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1" , but although I have the 64bit Windows 10 version, I installed the x86 version.

Reached the downoad file from here: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/topic/descargas-m%C3%A1s-recientes-compatibles-de-visual-c-2647d.... The link: " Actualización de seguridad del paquete redistribuible MFC de Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack .... "

0 Likes
agustins
First Poster
Options

That link is broken. Try this instead: https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/details.aspx?id=26368

I had to download the x86 version (x64 didn't work for me)

0 Likes