Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 19-02-2019 08:06 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Nothing seems to work rash and irritation so looks like will have to sell
0 Likes
Bette
First Poster
Options

@Roro87 wrote:

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

This rash started on February 13, 2019 I purchased it August 2018. 

20190218_133938.jpg

20190218_133944.jpg

20190218_133950.jpg

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options

No point asking Samsung they seem to think there isn't a problem. Bit like there lack of fast updates for there devices I have had to leave mine off and try and sell it but cex seem to have got wind of the problem and are not taking anymore. 

0 Likes
Dfulf
Journeyman
Options
Stupid Samsung, honestly i thouggt the company would do more for us consumers its not like were all lying, ggggeeezzzz
I honestly don't think they'll do anything unless theres a class action suit filed and we step up united.
ChrisRL
First Poster
Options

@Roro87 wrote:

Cheers

15507490455153186880832481110680.jpg

Have the same problem. Picture after 3 days since it happened. I got antihistamine to fight it.

Someone should check the chemical cocktail 

0 Likes
Meichan
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem aswell, first thought it had something to do with the way i wore it, maybe it was too tight or something like that, but now i know for sure that it isnt my problem! i always made sure to take of my watch when i wanted to get a shower or wash my hands, also made sure i dried everything before i put on my watch again.

Contacted Samsung and they told me it could be a silicon allergy, i never had problems with other silicon bands and my own smartphone case (which i still use everyday for the past 2 years) is made out of silicon! sould have problems with those aswell right?

They are currently looking into my problem and will contact me within 7 days.

but reading all these comments isnt making me hopefull.

in the meantime i cleaned the back of my watch with alchohol like some suggested and will try it again whenever my rash is gone. i surly hope that will fix the problem with giving me a rash underneat the watch face.

Good luck to the others, will keep u all updated!

the pictures are made 2 days after taking off my watch and putting some cream on it.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-20 at 21.40.04(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-02-20 at 21.40.04.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-20 at 21.40.04(2).jpeg

0 Likes
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
Ended up selling mine brought the s2 sport and no problem until Samsung step up and admit that there is a problem with it things wont change
0 Likes
RandomKitten
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, both from the band and from the back of the watch.  Caveat: I do have a nickel allergy, so I'm not super surprised by a metal object irritating me, but look at how extreme the rubber watch band has affected my wrist!  It's the same band that came with the watch originally.  I take off my watch every time I shower and I don't do a lot of heavy physical activity, so it's not sweat accumulation, nor do I wear the band tightly.  But this level of irritation can't POSSIBLY occur from simple friction and grime.  This is clearly a chemical reaction.  

Where the watch usually sits: mild reaction.Where the watch usually sits: mild reaction.Outside of the wrist.Outside of the wrist.The worst of the damage, inside the wrist.  Looks like a chemical burn.The worst of the damage, inside the wrist. Looks like a chemical burn.

0 Likes
MikeBuck
First Poster
Options

OK so I've cleaned my watch and strap with the following wipes:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Sanicloth-UNXPOO159-Alcohol-Wipes-200/dp/B018NXJJU2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qi...

I've had the watch on my right wrist now for 3 days and so far i've not had any reaction, my wrist is clear.  I'm gunna wait until my left wrist is clear again then will switch the watch to the left wrist.

0 Likes
Omahaguy
First Poster
Options

I purchased my galaxy watch in September also and my rash is raised and looks and feels like a burn and is very hard underneath it. Like you, i never shower with it and stopped sleeping with it when the rash started bothering me.  I've contacted samsung and they want me to send them the watch for testing and didnt offer a replacement to wear in the meantime.

0 Likes