Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch rash

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 10:25 AM)
Roro87
Apprentice
Options

Rash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watchRash on part of my wrist from wearing the new 2018 46mm watch

I received my pre ordered Samsung Gear 46mm 2018 watch on September 7th 2018 and have been wearing it often. Remove it for showering and charging and sometimes I sleep with it.

Recently iv noticed this rash developing and it slightly irritates me. The rash area is sore red and it looks like the skin is stretched or burnt. Th picture does bit show as clear as seen in person.

Iv done some googling and found a few people complain about similar rash on the older gear watches. They state it could be the strap and say to try it on the other hand to see if you have an allergic reaction etc.

I have a bit of an issue with this, I am a contractor and work with my hands, if this causes something more serious or stops me from doing my work it would be financially un-beneficial for me.

I have been tested befoe for allergies and my results came back clear so I dont know exactly what going on. 

If anybody from Samsung or otherwise can provide some insight into my situation please let me know asap. It's a bit annoying paying 300 quid for a watch that's going to give me a rash

Cheers

491 REPLIES 491
MarkyFY
Explorer
Options

@Doing wrote:

You can try to deny it all you want, but this is an infection resulting from your poor habits. You have two options: curvec your habits to allow the skin to breathe, or quit complaining .

Rubbish! I took my complaint to Samsung UK and was given a small amount of compensation. 2 years of wearing a Fitbit with a similar strap caused no problem whatsoever. About 10 days of wearing the Samsung watch taking it off for a few hours every 3 of days to charge, and when showering, and a burn like reaction appeared.

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

invert
Explorer
Options

Your presumptions of a "death" grip are wrong. I've been wearing Tissot with rubber band for over 5 years-no reaction. So are you really that confident we are wearing them too tightly. It's not my first watch kind sir I know how to wear them.

Edit: If the skin breathes then there is no contact for sensors to work get your facts straight.

0 Likes
Doing
First Poster
Options

Yes . I am one hovered percent confident that you see wearing your bands too tightly and you have a fungal infection in your wrist . This isn't the first fungal infection I've seen and won't be the last now that dumbasses like to wear their watches continuously and refuse to allow their wrists to recover .

0 Likes
McFast
First Poster
Options

HI,

I have the same problem. I have contacted Samsung support and had a positive outcome with an offer of a voucher for a new strap. However whne I received the final offer I had to sign a waiver that included the following terms;

I am willing to accept the full and final settlement of £XX in Amazon vouchers as a gesture of good will concerning my claim realting to my SM-R800 and any other claims so arising.

This seems like I am giving up all of my rights if there are any further issues with my watch ????

Advice ?

0 Likes
DaveP
Apprentice
Options

@Doing wrote:

Yes . I am one hovered percent confident that you see wearing your bands too tightly and you have a fungal infection in your wrist . This isn't the first fungal infection I've seen and won't be the last now that dumbasses like to wear their watches continuously and refuse to allow their wrists to recover .

But the whole point of the watch with its long battery life is so it monitors heart rate, sleep etc continuously . What's the point of taking it off for a few days? My previous fit pro was fine and so was my i watch before that, both come off my wrist just to get charged then back on. The rash is something unique to this material / watch. 

0 Likes
Katmog
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this issue. I had a fitbit previously and had no issues. I don't sleep in my Samsung watch so I actually use it less. 

20190120_221622.jpg

At first I assumed it was eczema as I've had eczema all of my life, but it's not going away even after stopping wearing the watch and using my regular eczema cream. I wasn't too concerned but it isn't showing any signs of improving after 5ish days now so I am a little worried now. 

It's a shame because I do like my watch. 

0 Likes
valvestate
Journeyman
Options

@MarkyFY wrote:

@valvestate wrote:

I can't take the itchiness anymore! Im not scratching it but it seems swelling and looks really red now. I went to the pharmacist and was given this Egocort Cream. Hopefully this will ease up the pain.

No Galaxy Watch for several days for me!! :face-with-rolling-eyes:

RASH!.jpg

Definitely chase up Samsung. Get them to at least cover the cost of a replacement strap (leather or nylon). It's unacceptable that a product causes this kind or reaction. It simply should not be happening. And let's be honest, a silicone strap was not really good enough for what is supposed to be a high-quality Smart Watch.

@valvestate wrote:

Oh I thought I'm the only one having this issue! I've been having this nasty issue lately and it is becoming to be really irritating. It seems the affected area's coming from the strap near the watch itself. 

Any update from Samsung on this? I have a nearby Samsung store here and I can drop them a visit and hear what they have to say on this in person. 20190103_112624.jpg20190103_112633.jpgCapture2.JPG

This is VERY itchy... so now I've resorted in using my other metal wrist analog watch... 

UPDATE from my dillema from this watch.  So 3 weeks ago, I posted about my rash so I had to go to a pharmacy and purchased a cream. I didn't wear my watch for at least a week while vigirously applying the cream. 

After about like 8 days or so.. rash has dissapeared and now I purchased this metal wrist band from overseas. Seems working pretty well and I;m not experiencing any itchiness or rash. 

So I conclude that the strap that came with the Samsung Galaxy Watch is ***** and you need to throw it away! :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth: I've never experience this serious problem with my previous rubber textured strap!!

SAMSUNG support is useless AS ALWAYS. Magnet locking strapMagnet locking strap20190115_222734.jpg20190115_222745.jpg

phml
First Poster
Options

I have also had these.  I stopped using the watch for a few weeks because it was sent for repair and the rashes disappeared. Now a few weeks after using the watch again I get these horrible rashes. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? What is Samsung doing about it? IMG_20190121_104554.jpgIMG_20190121_104610.jpg

0 Likes
remmy
First Poster
Options
Do you have a link to that strap as u would like to change out but I have a reaction to leather straps so need a good metal one
0 Likes
BeaJoann
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy Rose Gold 42 mm rash reaction  on 1.21.19Samsung Galaxy Rose Gold 42 mm rash reaction on 1.21.19

0 Likes