Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch not auto detecting exercise

(Topic created on: 03-10-2018 08:32 PM)
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

While I have the auto detect settings turned on on the watch it doesn't work. I checked the Health App and the auto detect is greyed out as it says the watch isn't connected, but it is? Any ideas? Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Kgflyboy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Anyone found a solution yet? Workout detection is grayed out in the health app and cannot be turned on.

MarkusJa
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i also have the same issue, anyone has a solotion?

Thanks!

MorphMe21
First Poster
Options

For me, "auto detecting" was greyed out, when I was looking at it from my phone. When I went into it from my watch, it was not greyed out, and I could make the adjustment.

DjokoSan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I also have the same issue, any solotion?

Thanks!

0 Likes
DjokoSan
First Poster
Options

Hi,
for now I resolve this problem resetting the watch to factory default. After that, auto detecting exercise work normally.

The option in Samsung Health setting remain gray.

0 Likes
TLH
First Poster
Options

Just in case people come across this post, like I did, I figured out the way around this. Instead of trying to change the settings through the app on your galaxy phone change them through the app directly on your galaxy watch. Hope this helps!!

lisabell
First Poster
Options

I'm getting this too. Enabled on my watch but phone is still greyed out and auto detect not working.

Molladam
First Poster
Options

I just bought the galaxy 42mm watch and the work out detect is also greyed out. Does anyone know what the fix is?

0 Likes
Dudpare
First Poster
Options

Guys just saw that the watch will need for you to be doing the exercise(running, cycling, etc.) at least 10 minutes before the alert comes.