Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 22-09-2018 06:14 PM)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

183 REPLIES 183
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

Yeah I got that impression off them too. I have no WhatsApp still after the reset. Thanks for letting me know. We have no samsung shops where I live. 

Kaz7
Explorer
Options

I will visit the Samsung shop in cardiff next Saturday and let you know the outcome

0 Likes
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

That would be fab thanks.

0 Likes
Abdulrahman1
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem with my new galaxy watch 42 mm.

However, I only got the notifications one time. I don't know how but it happened after swiped the screen several times until i reached the end and opened the calendar gadget.

Waiting for the solution 

0 Likes
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

I've just had a call from samsung saying that they can't help me anymore as it's a 3rd party app and they can't even tell me if the watch is even supposed to receive WhatsApp notifications or not !!! They just said they won't help so now what ??? Thanks samsung you got my money but now your not interested !!

Abdulrahman1
Apprentice
Options

I solved the problem after alot of trials and error. Galaxy watch don't recieve any alerts if the phone is on silent mode. 

I changed my phone to vibration mode. And it worked. Then, i set the phone vibration level to Zero.

Now I get all notifications instantly and my watch vibrates. 

Kaz7
Explorer
Options

I will certainly try this solution, many thanks, I will let you know how it goes

0 Likes
Kaz7
Explorer
Options

I still can't get it to work so it's the Samsung shop for me tomorrow 😔

0 Likes
Solution
Kaz7
Explorer
Options

Yessss I've cracked it!! I went into galaxy wearable app on phone, go into settings and scroll down to galaxy apps and there were updates needed to be done, done those and it's worked since. So I now have messenger and WhatsApp notifications, happy, happy birthday girl today as it was driving me nuts 🤯😁 hope it works for you too, let me know 🤞

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear, @Kaz7. Thanks for letting us know.

Has this worked for anyone else?

0 Likes