Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch Inactivity Time reminders

(Topic created on: 11-01-2019 06:37 PM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi there, after updating to V6 of samsung health my inacticy reminders have stopped, they are enabled on the watch but in Samsung Health the option is now greyed out as below, any ideas?

sh.jpg

65 REPLIES 65
Niknak82
Explorer
Options

I can confirm that made no difference for me, the option in the phone app remains disabled regardless of how it is set on the Watch. 

I don't even think you can have activity reminders on the phone can you? It makes sense on the Watch, not on the phone that I regularly leave on a desk for hours. 

0 Likes
Niknak82
Explorer
Options
I can confirm that (for me at least), the option remains disabled on the Phone App regardless of how it is set on the Watch.

Is it even a phone feature? My phone idea left of a desk for hours every day, I don't want activity reminders in that.
0 Likes
Niknak82
Explorer
Options
Oops, sorry for multiple posts. It told me the first one didn't post.
0 Likes
Venki
Student
Options

I’ve had this problem from the end of November 2018. It ’s a problem for my spouse too.   I have contacted Samsung customer service and professional help. I lost hope on the fix from Samsung.

I have decided to return it to the store.

Niknak82
Explorer
Options
@AndrewL - Any idea how we go about raising this issue further as it seems to me like it's just being ignored at the moment, people purchased the device for this functionality and it's quite clear that an update has broken it, I'm keen to get my device working again.

What seems to be happening, from my perspective as a user, is that after a reset, the watch will work again, until it reaches the cut off point for that day, where inactivity reminders are not supposed to be reported on, until the next day. Then the next day, it never seems to come back out of that state.

As mentioned above, I have looked into the idea that you have suggested, and that doesn't resolve the issue unfortunately, besides the fact that the phone has no need to be displaying inactivity reminders as it gets left lying about all the time, it's the watch that feature was designed for.
AntS
Options

@Niknak82: I've raised it with our software team for you guys - and we'll let you know of the response we get. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Niknak82
Explorer
Options

Thanks @AntS that's awesome, you're a star.

0 Likes
mrskatyoung
Explorer
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Niknak82: I've raised it with our software team for you guys - and we'll let you know of the response we get. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Amazing. Can't wait to see what's said... I'm ready to return mine if this isn't sorted out... 

0 Likes
mrskatyoung
Explorer
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

Hi guys. Reading through the comments it seems to me that the Inactivity Reminder setting can't be active on both the phone and the watch simultaneously if they're synced. As a troubleshooting step I'd suggest disabling the option on the watch to see if it then becomes available on the phone. It may be the case at this stage that you can activate the option on 1 or the other but not both, which makes sense to a degree, therefore if the above suggestion works then you will have to choose where you would prefer to receive the notification, and activate the option on that device accordingly. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

I tried this and nothing happened with either still.... Turned off on phone, nothing, turned off on watch nothing.... Just doesn't work full stop.... 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

The developers have advised us that they've identified the issue and added exception routine code for Inactive Time in the next software update of the Galaxy Watch.

When that update comes your way, can you let us know how it is for you?