Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch AOD

(Topic created on: 24-02-2019 05:40 PM)
Bazilc
First Poster
Options

Hi, since the always on display only works when your wearing it I'm guessing its using the heart rate monitor.  I have tattoos and the monitor does not read my heart rate. Is there any other way round this

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
A tattoo shouldn't block the heartrate sensor, because a tattoo is effectively ink inside the skin so perhaps you might have an extremely thick hide?

Regardless, my first advice would be to clean the sensor. If that doesn't work I would recommend letting someone without a thick hide try the watch, if it still doesn't work I would send it in for repair.

Its correct that the watch uses the heartrate censor to check if someone wears it.

0 Likes
Bazilc
First Poster
Options
I tried it on front of my hand just below were you would normally wear it and the sensor does work. Have seen other posts from people with tattoos. Just wish I read them before I bought the watch.
0 Likes
schreda
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.. 

Heart rate measurements are not possible on inked skin. 

I am lso having problems with the aod not working. I also have to set the notification setting (only show wen wearing watch) to disabled, otherwise i dont get any notifications...

Any thoughts?

BTW: There is also another thread about the aod issue (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-always-on-display-not...)

0 Likes
Bazilc
First Poster
Options

I tried on my friends apple watch series 4.  I now own my first iPhone and bought the watch too. Heart rate monitor works well even with the tattoo. 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Glad to hear that you have found your own alternative solution :smiling-face: It has its up and downsides but I'm happy that you are satisfied with it ^-^

/me still prefers Samsung :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
0 Likes
Bazilc
First Poster
Options

Back with samsung again. S20 plus / active watch 2 combo. Same problem with watch but have a piece of cloth stuck to hr sensor. Its letting the aod and hr to work but would doubt the hr readings are correct. 

0 Likes