Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch (46mm LTE): Spotify starts after phonecall finished

(Topic created on: 07-10-2018 04:22 PM)
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a strange issue on my Galaxy watch (46mm LTE) together with Spotify.

I installed Spotify app on my Galaxy watch. If I finish a phonecall (done with the watch) then suddenly Spotify starts to play a sound from the currently used play list.

This is really strange - is this a bug or a feature?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TomF
Options

Hey @Mr_Burns

Spotify are fully aware of this issue and their team are currently working on a fix. Sadly, no timeline has been given to when an update will be released, but at least you know it's being looked into. Be sure to keep checking for available updates on Galaxy Apps. You can check it out here

0 Likes
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options
Hi TomF,

sorry for replying so lately, I was on vacation. Thanks for that information!
0 Likes
Adamson
Journeyman
Options
Tidal music streaming app is now available on the galaxy watch and seems not to suffer from the same issues that the useless Spotify watch app has. It does have some quirks like the widget doesn't seem to sustain itself very well but other than that it seems to offer very much the same functionality for similar pricing I haven't established the catalogue of songs but seems comprehensive Suggest you try that and see if it is a better experience Recommend that you move to that from Spotify which is not going to be updated on galaxy watch
0 Likes
AlexBerry
First Poster
Options

I just got my Galaxy watch 1 week ago, and have installed Spotify and have the exact same issue. I got the watch so i could run while tracking my activity and listen to music without having a phone. But when I recieve a call, even if i answer on my mobile, when i hang up, spotify starts blurting out on the watch speaker. This is so emaressing when im in meetings! What a load of rubbish. Cant believe its not sorted yet!

jimjam_arch
First Poster
Options

This is insane.  It's been a problem for 4 months now.

Jeroen84
First Poster
Options

I have got the exact same problem!! this is a very disappointing experience from Samsung, Please fix it ASAP!!

0 Likes
Gaburn
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I found a fix here. Try this step. Open Spotify on the phone > go to settings > tap on Connect to a device > Tap on listen on this phone.

0 Likes