Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 46&42mm and Gear s3

(Topic created on: 25-09-2018 12:14 PM)
Petrolucio
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone i tried to find answer to this question but i could not find it anywhere.

What interests me, can i connect external hr monitor to these watches?

And also are the problem fixed for all activities tracking(floors, steps etc) and hr?

TY

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

As far as I know you cannot connect the HR monitor to the watch itself, you have to connect it to the mobile phone app (Shealth, or another) and that would allow your HR Monitor, Galaxy Watch to sync with mobile phone app.

In Shealth (latest version 6.0.0.085), under Discover tab, then Products (middle of the page), you have Accesories, then scroll to right - HR Monitor, you have a number of products that are recommended/should work with Shealth app, but not directly with Galaxy Watch - who can also record that, together with activities tracking. More details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-health/

Hope this helps.

Best

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
Petrolucio
First Poster
Options

Ty for fast answer. 

So if i want to go for a run or ride a bike without phone i can only rely on watch hr sensors? 

So only way i can use external hr is with phone and then sync with watch and carry them both with my self, sadly that defeats the purpose of watch for me, meh ;(

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, I am using my Galaxy Watch (46mm) for HR, steps, exercises and it automatically syncs with Shealth (when i open the app on the phone).

External HR would do the same as the Galaxy Watch - it's up to you if you want to use the watch or a HR monitor - I am happy with the watch doing that for me.

See some photos from my Shealth app.Screenshot_20180925-113041_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20180925-112955_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20180925-113024_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Petrolucio
First Poster
Options

Even garmin has problems with hr on specific sports and if u are mountain biking or running intensively the watch moves on your wrist and cant read accurately, thats why i would use bluetooth hr monitor chest strap, because hr chest strap is much more confident and accurate. 

Also i wouldn't wear watch and phone when i go to do sports, i would only use watch.

So i would only want to know if its possible to have a bluetooth strap connected somehow to watch but not to have phone near you :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Thanks for answers and sorry for too many questions 

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

I haven't tried Garmin or Fitbit, I just had gear s2, s3, sport and now galaxy watch.

If you want to do outdoor sports (i assume) you will anyway need a backpack with you.

Also, consider that the galaxy watch or HR monitor will track and store the data in internal memory, then when it connects to your phone will sync (transfer) your data to the phone in the Shealth or any app you are using.

I am currently using watch only + smart scale with body composition.

0 Likes
Petrolucio
First Poster
Options

Ty for all the answers :smiling-face:

So to summarise, you cant use gear s3 or galaxy watch independently with Bluetooth hr strap, you need to have phone with your self to do so?

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
No, you don't need to have the phone with you at all times for the galaxy watch or HR Monitor to record your bpm.
Yes, if you have galaxy watch or HR Monitor with you and they record your data, when they will connect to your phone, they will sync (transfer) recorded data to your phone/app.
No, the watch can't be connected via BT to another accessory - HR monitor in our discussion - as far as I know - probably customer support is the best to answer this.
Smart Watches, HR Monitors, scales, etc. are build to be used as Smart Accessories to the phone - as I said - as far as I know.

Happy to help.

Best