Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy tab s4- how to disable screen turn off when the keyboard comes off.

(Topic created on: 05-09-2018 06:20 PM)
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

when I remove the tablet from the keyboard, the devices screen will turn off. I already know there is now way to disable this, But I was just hoping to raise awareness towards this topic. I think this would help. alot

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @The_Kangaroo. :smiling-face:

I've added a request for this feature for the Tab S4 to the one we've got going for the Tab S3. (Thanks for getting back to me with a clarification in the other thread too :smiling-face:). Me or one of the other Mods will let you know of any updates on it. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

View solution in context

Solution
DannyT
Options

Hi all, 

We have just had word back from our colleagues at HQ. It appears this is a concept design, and unfortunately, there are currently no plans to implement this suggestion at the moment.

They have taken this feedback on board, however, and appreciate all feedback sent through. 

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
ksbanderson
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone! Exciting news!!! I just now got a notification on my Tab S4 saying a keyboard firmware update was available. Low and behold, this issue is now fixed!!!!

It popped up as a notification in the lower part of the screen, strangely enough (not an Android notification).

This comes a week after i got the Android Pie update as well.

Regards,

Just a random stranger from the internet.

View solution in context

Solution
AzH
Apprentice
Options

Mine is also now fixed.

When I initially downloaded the keyboard firmware update that didn't fix it.

Then I got an update to the tablet software and that has now resoled the issue......FINALLY!

I think you will need to wait for both (keyboard and tablet) software updates but hopefully it will be fixed soon for you too.

I will say that Samsung has been absolutely hopeless at acknowledging this major flaw in the first place and what  rubbish communication from them that even though there is a fix available they can't even communicate to people on this forum how/when it will fix.

View solution in context

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @The_Kangaroo. :smiling-face:

I've added a request for this feature for the Tab S4 to the one we've got going for the Tab S3. (Thanks for getting back to me with a clarification in the other thread too :smiling-face:). Me or one of the other Mods will let you know of any updates on it. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

thanks man. Im looking foward towards it. I do alot of drawing in my notetaking. After all, it is easier to type words and draw images.

mrsgen
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to know how to do this please, so an answer that actually tells you how would be great, as at this point it is not "solved" at all!!!

Briadark
Apprentice
Options

+1 for this feature.

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

I just label the saw because some action was taken. I would like actual progress however.

0 Likes
AtiwitW
Apprentice
Options

Any updates?

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

Nothing yet.

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo