Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy tab s4- how to disable screen turn off when the keyboard comes off.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2019 08:25 PM)
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

when I remove the tablet from the keyboard, the devices screen will turn off. I already know there is now way to disable this, But I was just hoping to raise awareness towards this topic. I think this would help. alot

47 REPLIES 47
Solution
DannyT
Options

Hi all, 

We have just had word back from our colleagues at HQ. It appears this is a concept design, and unfortunately, there are currently no plans to implement this suggestion at the moment.

They have taken this feedback on board, however, and appreciate all feedback sent through. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
mrsgen
Apprentice
Options

So removing keyboard from the tablet turns the screen off and it can't be changed. So we have to put up with it because Samsung can't be bothered to change it. On a Very Premium priced product, this should be achievable, so Very Disappointed.

usermcname
First Poster
Options

This is a pretty unacceptable response from Samsung for a $650 tablet + $150 keyboard.

As someone who frequently switches between using the keyboard and the tablet, this is extremely annoying to the point it makes the tablet unenjoyable to use at times. This is a really poor design for an otherwise fantastic tablet. Really hope Samsung reconsiders this feature; otherwise, I will be going with the iPad next time.

The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options
Dude people are bummed out that such an easy feature to implement ain't there. Can you bother them again? People are getting all "I'm going to switch to apple"
AntS
Options

I did ask again for you guys... because I thought it would be quite a useful feature too. However, the answer remains the same for the time being.

Given the wording of their response to us, I'm sure there's some kind of good reasoning that lies behind the developers' thinking here; in terms of overall product design concept and how that carries through to the user interface, for example.

AzH
Apprentice
Options

Sorry but this response is pathetic.

Can you get the person responsible to actually spend some time giving an explanation to your CUSTOMERS.

The screen turning off when you connect/disconnect the keyboard is about as stupid a design concept as I can imagine.

Winter_mute
Apprentice
Options

Indeed,

I've choose Samsung s4 instead of iPad because it promised to be more agile and easy to be set up for my personal vision of how the device should behave, and in the end I get the same "Sorry, but there only one right way of how to use" as it is happens with apple devices.

The existance of this topic says that there are people who think that this option would be useful and would like to be able to decide if they want their tablet to turn off each time they put it off the keyboard or to keep it running.

I do not understand what kind of product concept may be discussed here and what could be possible disadvantages of having this option. 

hdker
First Poster
Options

This is a joke.....ipad dont does this, surface dont does this, and the genius samsung dev create this ¨concept design¨ congrats

The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

Calm down son, every device has its pros and cons. It's easy to fix this kind of con, find thin magnetic tape and apply a square of tape at the bottom of the keyboard, that would turn the screen off when you close the keyboard flap. Find the right color tape and it's hard to notice.

0 Likes
Winter_mute
Apprentice
Options
Wait a minute - so you suggest to calm down and take premium level device and solve the issues with the tape instead of challenging the vendor? Did I get everything right? :smiling-face:

Come on, this is an easy thing to fix - for Samsung, and it is our duty to provide the right feedback that there is an issues, it does concerns the users and only then we may expect that the product would improve.