Support

Open search

Galaxy note 8 update

Explorer

I have got to say but im VERY disappointed with the support recieved with this device! This is supposed to be there latest flagship device, i had mine since release and ive NOT had one update!! Im still on august security patch in the uk and an unlocked handset!! Very very dissappointing 

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

Im using the s8 which i purchaed from samsung on launch day. 

Ive received a few updates and am currently also on the Aug Security Update. 

Ive not read anything official but my thoughts are Samsung send out quarterly updates. 

Im not overly concerned in relation to the phone being vulnerable but that said the next update would be good. 

Neither Samsung or the Networks will comment on timeframes for releases. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Well all other contries have had updates, which also include more options for the live focus function. Its like they have forgotten about there uk customers.

Explorer
Looks like the vodafone branded note 8 in the uk has now had the update!!! Unlocked version still waiting! What the hell is going samsung??????
First Poster
Having moved from an iPhone, this issue of slow updated is perhaps my biggest problem with Samsung. Its enough to make me consider moving. I bought my note 8 from Samsung UK store and only runs august security updates which is disgraceful.
Highlighted
Explorer
Apprentice

If you have a Best Buy where you live, the Samsung representatives are very helpful.   Whenever I get an update, Samsung downloads apps without my permission and I have to uninstall.

Top Liked Authors