Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 10:17 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Giedrius
Apprentice
Options

@Astrall wrote:

Hello guys,

I bought the Galaxy Watch 46mm and the same strange things happened all the time. When you stay still it measures the pulse fine when you move stops immediately. I even shave my arm, tighten the strap, little improvement, but still when you move stops to measure the pulse or get incorrect values like 216 bpm or as low as 29 bpm. 

I'm thinking of returning it and trying Fitbit or Wear OS watch, there's not much more you can do. I wish I liked Iphones...

0 Likes
Agentfieldmouse
First Poster
Options

I've recently joined a gym, using the equipment I have been attempting to use my watch but it's keeps telling me to clean the sensor.

Still it doesn't work.. any ideas

0 Likes
3mrys
Journeyman
Options

Updates just hit UK I think. I'm on one plus 6 in Scotland and just got it.

Silver_Surfer
Student
Options

Update hits France on Sunday .. I'll give it a try this evening and let you guys know if it is working.

Any update btw ?

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Updated yesterday seems to be much better no flat lines, no ''measuring" from time to time. Also during driving my car the HR is correct, with the previous I've received values 160bpm and minutes out of readings

I'm curious to see during workout but so far so good

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

The latest update seems to have fixed my heart rate issues as well. No flat lines or "measuring" whilst exercising even during high impact.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
@lisafox16 - You've got me excited Lisa, could this be 5 months of stress over :smiling-face:
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Fingers crossed so far. Out all over the weekend with no issues and in the gym last night on cross trainer (high impact) and no issues again there either. I've even had issues walking to work in the cold and nothing this morning either.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
@lisafox16 Cool, Im off for my lunchtime stroll in a bit then Ill hammer the HIIT and weights later, heres hoping?
0 Likes
Inzaghi007
Apprentice
Options
@GaryBrett

Let us know how it performs.
0 Likes