Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 30-01-2019 12:52 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
I'm sorry, it was (clearly) a bad attempt at a joke. I meant trying to video your watch using your phone for instance while you are putting yourself through your paces in a HIIT workout.
No more jokes, I promise!
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

:face-with-tears-of-joy: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
The worst jokes are when you have to explain them 🤣 I'll get my coat...
0 Likes
Giedrius
Apprentice
Options

@Giedrius wrote:

I had exactly the same problem, it didn't display heart rate while pretty much doing anything but sitting. After the update I got today, it is fixed, heart rate was working during my run without problems. 

Well, I spoke too soon. While yesterday I was able to do short run and some hiking and saw somewhat accurate heart rate, today in the gym it was almost as before. At first I didn't start workout on my watch, during warmup it was showing 185, probably 2x actual heart rate. Later I started circuit workout in the watch and during heavy deadlifts it was showing 60 and then stopped altogether. I tried to restart workout multiple times, so I noticed, that heart rate app shows at least inaccurate heart rate if it cannot measure it at the time, while workout app shows  - -.  In short it sucks maybe a bit less than before, at least you can go for a walk and log your heart rate somewhat accurately, but during workouts it's totally useless. 

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Oh dear, that sounds way worse than mine is even on the older software.

I would advise people to check out the GW watch app 'Gear Tracker'. Check out the Facebook page for more info. It costs a couple of £/$ but the developer is well on the case with all of these issues. Definitely worth a look.
I have joined the beta testing group for his next version of the app. You'll be surprised how many issues he has addressed (GPS, HR etc) and how the inbuilt software is to blame. I think he's our only hope to be honest.
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Gary7
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue.  Whenever I work out or do anything 'active' my watch will say my HR is 220.  Holy *****!  Scared the heck out of me, thought I was having a heart attack!  Glad to learn this has happened to others and I'm (hopefully) not dying.

0 Likes
ZiaSaleem
First Poster
Options

@sonnnet wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/GearTrackerApp/

this looks promising. I had almost given up on the thought of buying one. 

0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

Still very weird that this watch frustrates the hell out of me, they apparently from  all reports have an update but I can't get in in NZ!  Why not?  Samsung have done incredible damage to their reputation over this matter but why?

0 Likes
Astrall
Apprentice
Options

Hello guys,

I bought the Galaxy Watch 46mm and the same strange things happened all the time. When you stay still it measures the pulse fine when you move stops immediately. I even shave my arm, tighten the strap, little improvement, but still when you move stops to measure the pulse or get incorrect values like 216 bpm or as low as 29 bpm. 

I came from Fitbit Charge 2 and there are none of these issues.

Tizen Version 4.0.0.1

Software Version R800XXU1BRK3

20190129_122236.jpgSmartSelect_20190131-090314_Samsung Health.jpgSmartSelect_20190131-090345_Samsung Health.jpgSmartSelect_20190131-090432_Samsung Health.jpg

When you go for a walk...

0 Likes