Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not counting floors

(Topic created on: 17-10-2018 12:28 PM)
dover_79
Student
Options

Hi everyone. New to forum and new to samsung wearables (though used phones for years). I switched from fitbit to the galaxy watch a few days ago and im so disheartened at the tracking innacuracies. The most obvious is the floor tacking. In half a week it says ive climbed ONE floor. Im very active. Up and down stairs all day both at home and work. Ive tried reboots, software updates, factory settings etc for both watch and phone and it makes no difference. Is anyone else having these same issues? Really dont want to return the watch as it looks great but at present its not fit for purpose as my main reason for having it is to track fitness. Any help/advice etc greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Jeeves
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here. Galaxy parameters is set by default to 3 meter climb to count as 1 floor. In an average UK home stair climb is 2 metres plus but, less than 3 metres. Samsung simply need to reset this parameter to say 2 meters. A simple quick software patch will fix this issue.
dover_79
Student
Options
Interesting, thanks jeeves. Ive recently had a software update sent through since posting that and although the watch is still nowhere near as accurate as my fitbit, it is improved. Probably picks up one set of stairs in three, on average.
rvk01
Student
Options

How hard would it be to put this parameter (3 meters) in a setting (for us to change to 2 meters).

And while they are at it, they can also make the start-counting-steps a variable (where it is now 15-20 steps).

MItchk
Journeyman
Options

I also cant believe Samsung haven't sorted this 😞

how hard can it be to add options to adjust the sensitivity of the Step Count and Floor count ? they added an option in the Health GPS Location for accuracy... 

it honestly feels as if the software has been designed by a child in their bedroom ? 

bixby, step count, floor count, Calorie Count, HR Count - did anybody test the Galaxy Watch before it was released ??

Jeeves
Journeyman
Options
Fitbit is significantly more accurate with counting: steps; floors climbed; calories burnt; HR tracking;etc. It also has a Spinning Sports monitor application which then converts exercise into steps. If you use total steps I.e. watch and phone then, when you sync.....why doesn't the watch record update too?
DD20201
First Poster
Options
If your altimeter isnt working then it needs to be repaired to get the floor steps count working.
Took mine to a helpful Samsung service centre and he mentioned that it can't be fixed by rebooting etc.
It needs to be fixed by their technican.
Luckily mine is under 2 year warranty so its free.
0 Likes
Members_CSTg9AO
Student
Options

I have the same issue, my watch is not counting any stairs. I have tried jumping up with my watch hand in the air when I get to the top of the stairs and then touching the floor when I reach the bottom of the stairs. This is so frustrating, I feel my step count is not accurate either. I hope you get a fix soon or I will be buying a new fitbit

0 Likes