Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay plug-In not installing

(Topic created on: 04-12-2018 10:37 PM)
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

Hi I use my galaxy watch with my asus Zenfone 5, and when i try to configure Samsung pay it starts a download on my smartphone, but when the download ends nothing happens and if i try to open the samsung pay page from the galaxy watch plug-in it starts again the Download.

Does anyone have had problems using this with non Samsung smartphones?

This issue can be solved in anyway?

123 REPLIES 123
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

@wallerz

If you have a UK purchased device, then you should contact Samsung customer support and give them the details of the devices and ask what needs to be done for you to use Samsung Pay.

I believe it also depends where the seller purchased the devices, but i believe this can be checked for you by customer service.

@Dinno101

Then this seems to be the reason most likely - your device is Non-UK. I believe you can call Samsung customer support and give them the details of the device and ask what can be done (if anything) for you to use Samsung Pay.

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
wallerz
Student
Options

I have and they said it wasn’t possible. I really hope I am wrong as every time I try and update it said my phone isn’t compatible 

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting. So, let's see if I understand properly.

You have a Google Pixel 3 and a Samsung Galaxy Gear Sport and you have tried to download Galaxy Wearable from Google Play store and install it on your phone, then to connect your phone to Gear Sport, to add your cards to Samsung Pay on your Gear Sport and you've been told by Customer Support that it's not possible?

0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

The issue was installing the Samsung pay watch plug in. Customer service confirmed this wasn't possible.  All the rest worked fine out the box. 

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
Hello,

I did some more digging and I would like to try something.

Can you please try the following for me:
1.Tell me what version of Watch plugin you have installed currently. If it's 1.7.3006(from ApkMirror), then you should uninstall it.
2.If you have 1.7.3906, Gear sport should work properly as it seems the bug that caused the malfunction was fixed (not tested by me)
3.If it still doesn't work, please:
a)go to Apps - select Galaxy Wearable -> stop -> then go to Storage -> Clear Cache, Clear Data, then uninstall
b)go to Apps - Select any Samsung Pay service -> stop -> then go to Storage -> Clear Cache, Clear Data, then uninstall
c)reboot the device, check if there is any software update, if none ok, if any, update then reboot again (yes, this sucks)
d)go to Google Play, install Galaxy Wearable app again, then Launch Samsung Pay and let me know if the plugin installs properly and this works as expected.

Currently, on my Note I have (open Galaxy Wearable app -> About Galaxy Wearable):
Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.21.18080361
Galaxy Watch Plugin: 2.2.05.18111651

dbvirago
Journeyman
Options

According to the Gear app, I have the latest version and it checked for an update yesterday. I can't find the version number. I get the same response as others have posted. If I click on Samsung Pay in the Gear settings, Installing Samsung Pay appears breifly at the bottom, the download icon appears at the top, the screen blinks, and I get back to the app without Pay. 

I'll look into the manual install solution, but if they are aware of it, it should be fixed by now. 

0 Likes
dbvirago
Journeyman
Options
I tried the manual install and got almost the same reaction, it starts to install, then the screen flashes and I'm back to the file.
0 Likes
dbvirago
Journeyman
Options
Never mind. I was trying to install it from dropbox instead of copying the file to the phone. It immediately wanted to install an update. That worked. And then another update. Tat worked. I think I'm good
0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

that's great! you can now use Samsung Pay on your Gear/Galaxy Watch?

dbvirago
Journeyman
Options

Yes, once it went through the updates, it was able to take a card. I'll try it live sometime this week.