Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 08:53 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
jojo1966
Student
Options

Yeah...battery life is the only let down for me. Don't do a lot with the watch other than wear it...don't have anything  always on" and have never got more than 46 hours out of it. Nowhere near 4 days as advertised

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

What are you doing with it? What settings do you have on? What watch face etc etc? How many notifications? How often do you go into settings? How often do you open the apps on your phone?

There seems to be a lot of variance between users. Some getting well over 2 days on the 42mm. Sometimes I get great usage and sometimes not so much. Definitely gets better though after the first few days in my opinion.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Had my watch on since 8am this morning. Battery still on 71% but i have fully loaded mine with always on, constant HR and stress. Quite a lot of notifications.

I charge it up every night so not too worried but reckon id get another day out of it without a charge.

Still cant get around the ***** step counter though!

0 Likes
jojo1966
Student
Options

I have a downloaded watch face ...notifications for all messages and calls ..don't very often go into the apps or settings really...I do get a weather notification every day...and a daily briefing thing but don't know where to switch them off...other than that nothing much used as yet...but have never had longer than 48 hours and have had watch just over 2 weeks......

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yeah already seen that one!!

0 Likes
darrenthefish
Apprentice
Options

@jojo1966 wrote:

I have a downloaded watch face ...notifications for all messages and calls ..don't very often go into the apps or settings really...I do get a weather notification every day...and a daily briefing thing but don't know where to switch them off...other than that nothing much used as yet...but have never had longer than 48 hours and have had watch just over 2 weeks......

In your connection settings, what setting do you have for Wi-Fi? I found this to be a crucial factor in terms of its affect on battery life. If you have this switched to Always Off, then I found battery life to be so much better. Always On means the watch keeps Wi-Fi switched on even if you are connected to your phone via bluetooth, which personally I don't consider necessary. Auto means that the watch switches Wi-Fi off when connected to your phone via bluetooth which for me is the most practical setting. You need to consider though that even using the Auto setting can effect the battery usage dramatically if you are often leaving the location of the phone because Wi-Fi will kick in. For me, having the phone on my person 99% of the time, this is fine and I am seeing a good 3 to 4 days of usage per charge.

0 Likes
jojo1966
Student
Options

Thanks...in the settings on my watch I have Wi-Fi connection  set as "always off" so can't be this thats affecting it I don't think...

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I've had my watch replaced as it was doing the same thing. Samsung were brilliant and sent me a brand new replacement however it's doing the same thing. The problem is that the watch's pedometer takes ages to wake up so you miss loads of steps, I hoping a software update will cure the problem !
0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

I submitted error reports with logs on a couple of occasions. I've now received replies, both stating that this is normal behaviour. In Samsung's mind it would seem that being less accurate is in fact more accurate! In my mind a step is a step...Screenshot_20180929-004950_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20180929-004938_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes