Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 15-09-2018 02:14 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Re: Step counting

What 3rd party apps for step counting have you or others tried on the Galaxy Watch? Do they match what S Health counts (or rather doesn't count)?

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Personally non.

Have others tried any?

0 Likes
Farcom
First Poster
Options
Same problem here, worked for a week then this morning stopped counting the steps, definitely a problem with the watch step counter.
Come on Samsung what are you doing about it?
0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Would definitely be worth a try. If a 3rd part app works I would suggest then the issue is with S-Health app on your watch/phone. 

0 Likes
Sokiey
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, new watch yesterday, stopped tracking last night at 211 steps, worked for about a hour this morning, it's now just stuck at 1768 steps and has been for half the day. Not sure what to do got this to replace the Garmin fenix as a everyday watch but so far I don't think it's worth it if it can't get this right.

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

Step counter very, very close to my Gearfit2 on a 3mile walk, unfortunately the steps when walking around the house, supermarket etc are hopelessly low, most of the time none are recorded. Also after one weeks use and constantly going up and down stairs no floors have been recorded. How Samsung have got this latest watch so wrong on basic monitoring is unbelievable, very much hoping this is a software glitch. Please get it sorted Samsung.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried a 3rd party app?

0 Likes
SirVIII
Journeyman
Options

Same issue.

Samsung is not accepting bad reviews on their website.

Is that even legally allowed?

I wonder when Samsung is going to make a statement about the issues and lack of apps

0 Likes
PJA1
Journeyman
Options

Same issue started today. Steps on watch 176, samsung health app says 4765. 7days old. Tried reset didn't work. Calories are counting same as health app. 

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options

@ JK2017

I use MapMyWalk as well as SHealth. For a 3 mile walk the step count on Galaxy watch and MapMyWalk are almost identical. I would be happy if the new watch's step count around the house etc was the same as i get with the GearFit 2. i'm wearing both devices atm just to compare.

0 Likes