Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S2 no longer offers fingerprint accesd

(Topic created on: 24-05-2017 01:06 PM)
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

My Tab S2 suddenly stopped offering fingerprint access for my userid, my wife's ID is OK. I cannot remember my backup password (changed it yesterday and must have typed it wrong). 

Is there a way to restore fingerprint recognition?

And why might my userid be insisting on a password?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TracyR
Options

Hey @Swifty,

Have you recently restarted your Tab?

Are you not able to gain access to your Tab?

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
I've restarted it, and turned it on/off about 10 times each. I can logon as my wife as she had a simple password and no fingerprint. But neither does she have owner authority.
As things stand, I've lost access to my userid, and that holds all the data we need for our tour of Europe. So we are marooned, digitally. I can't even create a new userid and try to recover my data by copying it (if that is possible).
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

When restarting you have to enter your password to reactivate Touch ID. 

Is you Tab registered to Find My Mobile? If so follow these steps:

1. Log into Find My Mobile service using your Samsung account, via this link: http://findmymobile.samsung.com/
  2. Ensure your Tab is showing as online and registered on the top left once logged into your account.
  3. Click on “Unlock my device”
  4. Click on “Unlock my screen.”
  5. Your Tab will now be unlocked, and you can then reset any passwords you have.

Let me know if this works for you. :womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately, I didn't register the tablet with Find my Mobile as I hadn't thought beyond finding it, something I hadn't anticipated needing.
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Not to worry, we can try Android Device Manager.

Do you have another device to download this on and log in? 

1. Download Device Manager app from the Google Play Store and sign in using the Google account you have on your Tab
  2. Unless you have more than one device signed into your Google Account you'll see a map with your current location, and the make and model of your phone/tablet listed below. (If you have multiple devices you'll find them in a drop down list st the bottom.
  3. The Lock option will allow you to set or change a PIN or password on yout device.

Let me know if this helps you. :womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
Everything went well (I already had Device Manager on my S7 Edge) and the "Locked by Android Device Manager" message appeared. So I tried to logon and was told that the password was invalid.
The password contains only alpha characters and numerals, so nothing funny going on.
Thank you for your effort and patience!
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Did you manage to get into your Tab? We're you able to change the password via Device Manager?

... and you're welcome, I'm here to help! :womanvery-happy:

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
I locked my tablet with Device Manager and a password, and my tablet updated the lock screen. But I still couldn't log in, "Password is not valid"...
Then a new version of Device Manager installed itself on my S7 Edge, renaming it to "Find my device". This new version doesn't set a new password. It just locks the device.
It feels like the solution is slipping from our grasp.
0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
While looking for a solution I came across a limit of 9 password attempts... I must have tried well over 100, so it's likely that I've locked my userid.
0 Likes