Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 reboot loop when battery is at 25%

(Topic created on: 09-12-2018 09:04 PM)
Nja123
Journeyman
Options

My mum's tab s2 is just over a year old and has started a reboot loop since September. I clear the hidden cache and it will be okay for a couple of days but the n it plays starts rebooting again.  When it reboots the battery power can suddenly drop from 25% to 3% in a second. Does anyone have any other suggestions as I don't think it is right that I should be having to do this all the time. Also I'm concerned that it might be battery issue. Thank you.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options

Hi @Nja123.

Is all of the tablet's software up to date? Both firmware and all of the apps? And does it do the same reboot loop whilst in Safe Mode?

0 Likes
Nja123
Journeyman
Options

Everything up to date but haven't tried in safe mode. It seems to happen once a week and after I clear the cached data it's okay for a week. I was just concerned it was battery as she has poor vision and has it very bright.  Will try safe mode next.  Thank you for replying.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Nja123: Here are the steps to restart your tablet in Safe Mode: Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the Tab S2 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes
Nja123
Journeyman
Options

Tab didn't reboot in safe mode.  I'm assuming that this is pointing to an installed app issue..maybe?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Nja123
Journeyman
Options

No but will try it again when problem re-occurs. As I just cleared out the cache it will probably be another week before it happens.  

0 Likes
Nja123
Journeyman
Options

Just wanted to update incase anyone else suffers with reboot loop. It turns out that my Mum was turning off the tab 2 every time she had finished with it. I asked her to stop shutting it down every time and guess what reboot loop has stopped.

0 Likes
FC360
Student
Options
My one has been doing since I got it, I actually had 1 sent in for repair for the same issue but ended up getting a complete replacement due to the support plan I have only for this new 1 to have the problem which wasn't so bad at first but seems to have gotten worse. Before the battery would have to hit 10% for it to happen but now it happens at 20% and I've done everything to figure out why, clearing cache, using different SD cards, not using SD cards, factory resettings several times and the only thing that seems to fix it is not using wifi.

That is literally the only thing that seems to work which isn't a fix to me. If I boot the device without having connected to any wifi it seems to be fine and doesn't go into a reboot loop but if I connect to wifi and the battery drops to 20% it gets stuck in a loop. I've reached the point where I'm sending it in for repair although I've been told that I might just get the option for a replacement as it's a old tablet and they're not sure if they still repair them.
0 Likes
Members_2Rr8AD7
First Poster
Options

Mine does exactly the same thing. I only turn it off, when I'm not going to use it for a while. If the battery is below 25%, it loops on and off, when I turn it on again. Its bloody irritating.

0 Likes