Support

Open search

Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 reboot loop when battery is at 25%

First Poster

My mum's tab s2 is just over a year old and has started a reboot loop since September. I clear the hidden cache and it will be okay for a couple of days but the n it plays starts rebooting again.  When it reboots the battery power can suddenly drop from 25% to 3% in a second. Does anyone have any other suggestions as I don't think it is right that I should be having to do this all the time. Also I'm concerned that it might be battery issue. Thank you.

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi @Nja123.

Is all of the tablet's software up to date? Both firmware and all of the apps? And does it do the same reboot loop whilst in Safe Mode?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

Everything up to date but haven't tried in safe mode. It seems to happen once a week and after I clear the cached data it's okay for a week. I was just concerned it was battery as she has poor vision and has it very bright.  Will try safe mode next.  Thank you for replying.

AndrewL Moderator
@Nja123: Here are the steps to restart your tablet in Safe Mode: Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the Tab S2 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
First Poster

Tab didn't reboot in safe mode.  I'm assuming that this is pointing to an installed app issue..maybe?

CarlH Moderator

Have you tried doing this a few times, @Nja123

First Poster

No but will try it again when problem re-occurs. As I just cleared out the cache it will probably be another week before it happens.  

Top Liked Authors