Support

Open search

Galaxy S7 won't connect to Windows 10 laptop

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi I have the UK version of the Galaxy S7 SM-G930F on the O2 network running Android 6.0.1

Baseband:- G930FXXU1BPJG

Build :- MMB29K.G930FXXS1BPLD

I have tried to connect it to windows 10 using both Smart Switch and Kies 3 and both time my laptop doesn't seem to recognise the handset. When i plug in my Samsung USB cable the handset charges but nothing else happens. I don't even get an error message saying my handset can't be recognised.

I have updated Kies too the latest version and the USB drivers.

Any ides / solutions to my problem?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Please try the steps here I had an issue on mine like what you had but it was 9 months ago and can not remember which step worked for me but it is well worth trying them
link is here http://thedroidguy.com/2016/08/fix-samsung-galaxy-s7-thats-not-detected-recognized-pc-troubleshootin...
Hope it helps!
Apprentice

After reading almost every site with a solution - none worked!
So i started like a step by step sense solution:

Here it is for you all:

1. Install this driver https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/mtp-driver-for-android/
2. Restart PC
3. Go to "Devices and Printers" and you'll see your phone as "Unrecognized" then right click and "Proprieties"
4. Select Hardware
5. You'll see an exclamation mark over MTP - Double click on it and will open another windows
6. Choose "Update Driver" then choose "Search Online"
7. Then wait till it finish
8. Done!

All will work now!
Enjoy :-)

*Note - My operating system is not in English so the translation menus may not be as accurate as it should - but the steps are this ones.

17 REPLIES 17
AntS Moderator

Hi @rkidcd911x. :smileyhappy:

When it's plugged into your laptop pull down the Notification bar on the phone. Is it showing as "Connected as media device" by the USB icon?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster
I've been having exactly these symptoms. The phone shows the "Cable charging" option but clicking it goes to the Battery details.
I've tried three cables which all work with my tablet (Nvidia SHIELD), and work with my partners S7.
I've tried:
Installing Kies, reinstalling Kies / Drivers
Setting the transfer mode using the Developer tool
Setting the transfer mode using the #*8080# debug menu
Restarting phone
Restarting PC
3 different USB cables
4 different USB port
First Poster
Also tried Smart Switch, doesn't detect phone either.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
Please try the steps here I had an issue on mine like what you had but it was 9 months ago and can not remember which step worked for me but it is well worth trying them
link is here http://thedroidguy.com/2016/08/fix-samsung-galaxy-s7-thats-not-detected-recognized-pc-troubleshootin...
Hope it helps!
First Poster

Tried everything in that guide short of the factory reset. :-/

Superuser I
Superuser I

I would do the reset anyway and if it keeps doing it try to another pc? just thinking if you rule out software with the reset and rule out the other option by trying it in another PC then it would be something Samsung would look at under the warranty.  *just remember to back up what you can to SD card* 

Apprentice

Hello!I put my SIM card in Samsung galaxy s7 edge which is locked to O2.I have an unlocking code but I can't put it because I entered other numbers more than three times before that and now I see "SIM network is blocked.Enter SIM network PUK ".How can I have that PUK to unlock the network ?Also the SIM card is working on the other devices it is not blocked.Is is possible to block the phone while I try to unlock?Can someone help me please?

Superuser I
Superuser I

You will need to contact O2 for a PUK code ether over the phone or online here http://www.o2.co.uk/puk/landing/ Iet me know how it goes

Apprentice

I wrote to O2 and I went to the office today but they don't have an idea how to fix the device.We've entered many codes but they don't work.I have PUK1 and PUK2 for my Three SIM card but they don't work.I don't know which Sim network PUK I need to enter to unblock  it.

Top Liked Authors