Support

Open search

Galaxy S6 fingerprint scanner no longer working

CarlH Moderator

Hi @Selin1. Was this a Factory Reset that you did? If so, it might be best to take your phone in to a Service Centre for an engineer to inspect. This link will direct you to the closest in your area. 

First Poster

Hello, i have not done the factory reset. I just dialled a number that was said:

*#0*# and when i pressed finger print scanner it said . Null. Moreover, i went to a repair store next to me the guy. Reset my phone and it still did not work so he suggested a factory reset. What does it mean if it says null ? Can it be fixed if i do something again. Thank you for replying.

CarlH Moderator

Can you try testing the fingerprint scanning in Safe Mode, @Selin1? To activate this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. If Null is still showing during Safe Mode, it could need repairing. If it's not showing Null in Safe Mode and is working correctly, an app may be causing the issue, in which case, I recommend deleting apps until you find the culprit. 

First Poster

hello, i have done what you have suggested. It has not worked, but that you for helping.

Do you still suggest I delete apps ?

it has still come up as null, however when i pressed it it came up as 

fingerprint test fail. it was null before.Screenshot_20190109-205659.pngScreenshot_20190109-205644.png

So what can I do because I have the same problem 

Hi makisss99! All you have you have to do is wipe the fingerprint sensor with a alcohol cleaning pad.
Top Liked Authors