Support

Open search

Galaxy S6 fingerprint scanner no longer working

First Poster

I'm facing the same problem. How did u fix it?

First Poster

Hi, I have the same problem, suddenly my fingerprint sensor stoped working. I have done a factory reset, and everything was ok for a day, and then stoped working again. I have searched on internet and in many forums users report the same error. It could be a software issue? Thanks

I am facing the same problem and i really dont know if it is a hardware or software problem, I reset my device multiple times but nothing happened and it didn' even work once!

Hi I have the same issue, I have emptied the cache and have done a factory reset still doesn't work. When I do the #* thing the fingerprint version shows as 'null' whereas my husband's has a number. I'm assuming it has lost the program to work the scanner but I can't find anyway of putting it back onto the phone? Any ideas?

First Poster

Hi, nothing yet.. I no longer use the fingerprint, I don't even have lock screen, I got used to it. It's a shame.

Apprentice

Got the same problem with my S6 for about 2-3 months, I updated my phone to ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT and it completely ***** my fingerprint.. 

Many peoples have the same issue and you don't give a ***** to fix this problem! Shame on you Samsung.. 

Your only answer is "Hmm, yea, it's strange, ok i think u should bring your phone to our engineers, they will fix it" 

STFU!!!!

Apprentice

Hello,

Same issue on my S6 since android 7.0 update...

And I tried many things to fix but none worked: phone reset, samsung repair center, ...

Hey Samsung/Android, can you do something about it now as I'm not the only one having this issue since 7.0 install?

Apprentice

I have a Galaxy 6 Edge the fingerprint suddenly wouldn't let me sign in with the fingerprint. I have deleted it several times and re done it still the same issue. My software is up to date. What do you suggest?

Apprentice

Hi ,

It seems that they don't suggest anything, unfortunately... 

My next smartphone will not be a Samsung.

Have a nice day!

Top Liked Authors