Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy J5 screen flicker/Shut down

(Topic created on: 08-02-2018 04:58 AM)
Gabe_Henrique
First Poster
Options

Hello.

I'm having an issue with my Samsung Galaxy J5 lately. When the battery reaches a certain threshold(usually 25%, but the number has been growing), the screen starts to malfunction, the touch screenstarts pressing randomly as if I was pressing it, then it shuts down. I already changed the battery and did a full reset to see if the problem is on the software, to no avail.

The problem worsens if the screen brightness is high, as in, the problem happens earlier(45%-50% battery). What could it possibly be?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Gabe_Henrique

From what you write you have completed the self help troubleshooting tips you can do. 

I assume its never been dropped and shows no scuff marks on the housing and the screen is intact / not cracked. 

And the water sensors havent been tripped (changed colour from white to red). Usually one is visible in the phone's sim card slot. 

If not then I think its time to visit the retailer who supplied the phone to ask for a diagnostic under the 24 month manufacturing warranty.

Also a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store can run a diagnostic on the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Gabe_Henrique

From what you write you have completed the self help troubleshooting tips you can do. 

I assume its never been dropped and shows no scuff marks on the housing and the screen is intact / not cracked. 

And the water sensors havent been tripped (changed colour from white to red). Usually one is visible in the phone's sim card slot. 

If not then I think its time to visit the retailer who supplied the phone to ask for a diagnostic under the 24 month manufacturing warranty.

Also a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store can run a diagnostic on the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bitcointalk
First Poster
Options

even my battery was also too wasteful for 1 day usage/

0 Likes