Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 46mm watch battery discharging while on the charger

(Topic created on: 12-12-2018 12:08 PM)
Stigger
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy Note8 and Galaxy 46mm Smartwatch. I typically put both on the dual charger when I go to bed, regardless of the battery life left. On two occaisions, the watch actually drained while in the charger. When I took it off the charger in the morning, it was at 15% on one occaision and 25% on the second occaision.  This didn't occur on consecutive nights. It must have something to do with recent updates because it hasn't happened until recently and I have not added any new apps or made setting changes. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TracyR
Options

Hi @Stigger

Can you try charging your watch on the in box charger to see if the issue still occurs? 

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Wolfiman
First Poster
Options

Hi my name is Bartosz, the same happened to me (Galaxy Watch 4G 46mm) and I have always been charging it on the original charger that came with the box.

It began today morning when I picked it up it was on 15% and a temperature warning appeared. Later tried putting it on the same charger in the same position, I made sure it showed the flash that it is charging and arrived later only to see it was on 1%, it showed the same temperature warning right before dieing in my hands. Managed to charge up to 30% turned on, and again temperature warning. I let it sit for few minutes put it to charging only to be stunned as not more than 10 minutes later it was on 7%. Still fighting with it, please help me!

0 Likes
Ras830
First Poster
Options

The same just happened to me last night. Left my 46mm and my S9+ on the duo charger. Watched champions league and when the match was over my phone was 100% and my watch went from 46% to 13% 🤔 Pretty annoying! Put it on the original charger and that one works! But that's not really why I bought the duo charger. 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Just a quick one. @Ras830.

Did you have the back of the watch resting on the Duo Charger? Could you try charging the watch on its own and see if it charges?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
pablo862
Apprentice
Options

Problem with charging galaxy watch 46 using samsung duo charger is related with the newest watch firmware (R800XXU1DSL1). In my case problem started after update. When I am charging my watch it is going to about 50% and charging stops. This update came out on beginning of January 2020, till now samsung did nothing about it!!!!. Charging with box charger is running correctly.

0 Likes