Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracking for Gear S3

(Topic created on: 07-02-2017 10:59 AM)
Iridium2107
Student
Options

Is there any way track an circuit training exercise using the Gear S3? 

I have tried the 'other workout' option but it doesn't seem to track my pulse rate and therefore comes up with a generic value for the calories burnt. I used to have a Microsoft Band 2 that reliably tracked the exercise and showed differences between a cardio heavy workout and a strength heavy workout.

16 REPLIES 16
MR02
First Poster
Options

Finding it increasingly annoying that the gear app won't record HR in other which is what I use for working out in the gym. 

I have tried the gear app for UA Record but it doesn't sync properly with S Health on the phone. So I'm getting constant reminders to do excercises when I already hit my targets but the apps won't speak to each other. 

0 Likes
ASHWIN90
First Poster
Options

I have a gear s3 and i stoped using it.when it comes to serious fitness tracking i brought a polar m600.closest to a smartwatch ull get an serious for fitness.dedntly recomend the polar m600 if ur serious about fitness.its also a perfect smartwatch too.am battery life is amazing.gear s3 is only for those that like a phone on their wrist along with what a phone does.for athletes.m600 by polar is the closest youll get.

Will_Payne
First Poster
Options

How long does the watch have to be static to get a 💓 rest data point?  

0 Likes
Cyro
First Poster
Options
the clock has many features and bad software. It is a disappointment for those who intend to perform physical activities. Very sad there is no Samsung application with target zone, gym training (interval control and information about the series) ... among others .... many applications, you are required to load several on the clock .... and none of them are really good ....
0 Likes
joeheb
Journeyman
Options

while watching a review of the gear sport, I saw one thing (here in this video at 06:30 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmS3EP89s4)). The first categorie says something like "circuit training for the whole body". Is somebody out there who can confirm, that this category made it into the watch? That would be awesome...

Thanks

0 Likes
MR02
First Poster
Options

Good news is the latest software update for the S3 now has constant HR tracking, which does work in the "other" section. However I have noticed an overall reduction in battery life. I used to get 2.5 - 3 days out of a charge but now it won't make 2, I have to charge practically every night to make sure I make it

0 Likes
Dontneedit
Explorer
Options

I don't get why the gear doesn't have the "Circuit training" option but the phone does. The gear should also be able to track the movements and heart-rate during these kind of exericises. Garmin does some very nice tracking on this part. It detects what you are doing and counts the reps. The gear just has "Other training" and that's only time and heart-rate.

This should really be an option on this device. Not very sporty atm.

0 Likes