Support

Open search

Do Samsung phones (S8) have a backup feature like my iPhone (iCloud)?

SOLVED
First Poster

I'm considering buying a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I was wondering if the phone will have a backup feature like my iPhone 6 currently has (iCloud backup) where all the data, apps, photos etc. can be backed up and stored safely somewhere so if something gets deleted or my whole phone gets wiped then I will be able to restore it. So basically does samsung have an alternative of iCloud backup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TracyR Moderator

Hi @JP21,

There a number of different options to back up a Samsung phone, they can all be found HERE.

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

5 REPLIES
TracyR Moderator

Hi @JP21,

There a number of different options to back up a Samsung phone, they can all be found HERE.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Apprentice
Hello Tracey, the link on your reply is null, could you please send the live link again.
Fuzzy Wuzzy
TracyR Moderator

Sorry about that @Fuzzy,

Use this link: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/1058404

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thank very much

Fuzzy Wuzzy

Having bought my S8 yesterday the shop said it would copy all my stuff from my iCloud technically she was right as long as you haven't been updating your iPhone as if you've got 2nd authorising on it it won't allow you depending on your age of iphone and the OS you are running some will allow you to turn it off and if you can do that then yes you can copy from iCloud. 

Top Liked Authors