Support

Open search

Disable suggested apps

SOLVED
First Poster

Just got a Samsung S8, when I click on the search phone bar at the top of the apps pages is there any way to disable the suggest apps that show or is it possible to get rid of the search bar, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This has been driving me crazy for a couple of days but I figured it out for my issue and I hope it works for you too.

On the home screen do a long press

Go to Home Screen Settings at the bottom

Go to Home Screen Layout

Choose Home and Apps screens and apply.

Mine was on Home Screen Only and I changed it and now I see all my apps instead of suggested apps.

6 REPLIES
Explorer

Unfortunately, there is not any way to disable the search. However, there is a way to stop it from working but might cause some issues. And that is by Force Stopping the Finder app! 

The way to clear the suggestions is by restarting the phone. Or by Clearing the TouchWiz data. Hope it helps! 

Waiting to hear from you

This has been driving me crazy for a couple of days but I figured it out for my issue and I hope it works for you too.

On the home screen do a long press

Go to Home Screen Settings at the bottom

Go to Home Screen Layout

Choose Home and Apps screens and apply.

Mine was on Home Screen Only and I changed it and now I see all my apps instead of suggested apps.

First Poster

Just get a new launcher....

TY LIFESAVER!!!!!

@Billy47 wrote:

how to samusm j7 phone suggested app disable

Observer

I have tried this and nothing works on my S9, drives me mad, any other suggestions please?

Top Liked Authors