Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Galaxy Watch vibrating for muted WhatsApp Messages

(Topic created on: 02-12-2018 07:15 PM)
oele3110
Student
Options

Hi,

most of my WhatsApp Groups are muted on my mobile phone. I get the messages as notifications but without ringtone or vibration, because sometimes groups do really escalate.

But when I receive a group message from a muted group on WhatsApp, my Galaxy Watch vibrates. But I don't want it to vibrate, that's why I muted the group. Can I deactivate it also for groups?

It's really annoying, when I receive 20 new messages in a group and everytime the watch vibrates.

Remark: I do not want to completely disable WhatsApp messages. Only the muted groups should not give a notification feedback like vibrating on my watch. For normal conversations the vibration is desired.

Best regards,

oele

17 REPLIES 17
Ludwig1603
Student
Options

Have the same issue.

Will be returning my Galaxy watch as it's making my work life imposible as you cant mute whatsap messages.

Regards

0 Likes
Symos
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.. Incredibly annoying to have my watch vibrate constantly with messages from muted groups. Sometimes I just take the watch off because of how unbearable it is. I wish there were a solution to this...

Ludwig1603
Student
Options

Anyone with a solution to this? 

0 Likes
Hellraiser6662
Journeyman
Options
Send it back is the best solution, making sure samsung understands to sell quailty not cheap hash of a not so smart watch, if this watch could take a test it would be a d-
0 Likes
Ludwig1603
Student
Options

I've done so.. Basically no integration with whatsapp or most Android apps for that matter  

0 Likes
Ludwig1603
Student
Options

Have done so. No integration with android apps, especially whatsapp 

0 Likes
Justin-G
Student
Options

Why is this issue still not solved, it looks very important to me. I had to disable WhatsApp notifications because of this. But WhatsApp is nowadays the most important communication app.  I'm getting to much notifications from muted groupchats so at this point i have no other option then disabling WhatsApp notifications.

0 Likes
voyager18
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,
I've the same issue. All whatsapp muted groups are being to vibrate my watch. It's a very annoying situation. Is it a solution?
Thanks
0 Likes
Fabrizio_Pa
First Poster
Options

Agree. Same for me.

IMPOSSIBLE  TO USE WHATSAPP on this whatch!

If I muted a group if for a reason,

I hate it re-pop-up on my whrist!!!

0 Likes