Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Galaxy Watch vibrating for muted WhatsApp Messages

(Topic created on: 02-04-2019 11:23 PM)
oele3110
Student
Options

Hi,

most of my WhatsApp Groups are muted on my mobile phone. I get the messages as notifications but without ringtone or vibration, because sometimes groups do really escalate.

But when I receive a group message from a muted group on WhatsApp, my Galaxy Watch vibrates. But I don't want it to vibrate, that's why I muted the group. Can I deactivate it also for groups?

It's really annoying, when I receive 20 new messages in a group and everytime the watch vibrates.

Remark: I do not want to completely disable WhatsApp messages. Only the muted groups should not give a notification feedback like vibrating on my watch. For normal conversations the vibration is desired.

Best regards,

oele

17 REPLIES 17
voyager18
Pathfinder
Options
Hello,
I've contacted the Samsung support and they have explained me that no changes to notifications management are made on the Gear S3. They are sure that this is a bug on how WhatsApp manages the notifications on muted chat groups, almost surely after a WhatsApp update.
Gale82
First Poster
Options

This is a huge problem. I have turned off watch whatsapp notification completely because of constant vibrate from muted chats.

0 Likes
Chaitanya
Explorer
Options
I am having the same issue. Samsung should really work hard with WhatsApp to integrate it properly onto its Tizen 4.0 platform.
0 Likes
Justin-G
Student
Options

I can't delete my post, because i did understand the problem wrong. So unfortunately i don't have the solution. But for me it is no problem when some group chats are muted and i also don't receive any notifications on my phone. So i easily mute a group chat and in the same window disable the notifications (by unchecking "Show notifications" in this window):

Naamloos.png

0 Likes
oele3110
Student
Options

@Justin-G wrote:

I can't delete my post, because i did understand the problem wrong. So unfortunately i don't have the solution. But for me it is no problem when some group chats are muted and i also don't receive any notifications on my phone. So i easily mute a group chat and in the same window disable the notifications (by unchecking "Show notifications" in this window):

Naamloos.png

But that's not an appropriate solution for me. It's okay for me to get the notification, I only don't want them to make a vibrating feedback. But they can for sure be shown on my phone.

Khurram_54
First Poster
Options
PauloEns
Apprentice
Options

I have noticed the same problem and didn't find any fix for it. I hope samsung can fix it as soon as possible!

0 Likes
Members_P9cE7pN
First Poster
Options

Is there any fix in the meantime? In the meantime, WhatsApp removed the feature to show/hide notifications, so that proposed work around is no option anymore.

0 Likes