Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

Updating ....

I made the reset factory, and to my surprise this time the cell standby appeared alone without me even accepting the update .. I am disappointed.

now I have 3 options:

1 - Keep the Oreo and live with this problem and expect a future correction, which may or may not happen.

2 - return the device to the Nougat and have a slightly better battery that currently has the current problems.

3 - return the marshmallow downgrade and take advantage of the best possible battery performance compared to nougat and oreo.

Maybe I'll keep oreo for a few more days or a month, to see if they'll fix this in the next update.

First Poster

Am in the same boat here. Oreo update happened a few months back and was ok,but the last update to 01 Apr security has given me the cell standby battery drain. 

Have reported it through the Samsung Members app also. The more people who holler the more it should get looked into.....unless Samsung are playing an Apple trick and ignoring a phone that is effectively 2.5 cycles back and want people to upgrade. Love my s7e and do not want to go to another phone....unless the next Note blows me away....but that will have to be amaIng

Navigator

Here too, S7 flat heats up for no reason in any condition of normal usage but I didn't notice battery drain for cell standby (I keep it offline overnight), even though it's quite high in my battery usage statistics. Samsung have to repair this also given how long it took to roll out Oreo (and it still has bugs)

First Poster

I have exactly the same problem since upgrading to Oreo. The battery drain since upgrading has been scarily fast.  I've tried wiping both the cache from settings and from the service menu on reboot , resetting network settings. Turning off voLTE. None of them have helped.  It appears to be a bug in the software as many people have this issue on the S8, S7 edge and flat. Contacted support and they told me to close recent apps and optimise phone.  I'll be downgrading this weekend to nougat until a fix is issued for this.

First Poster

I have the exact same problem so hopefully thay have an update soon.

Same problem here, Cell standby at 12% Hope that there will be an update to fix it soon..Screenshot_20180621-111743_Settings.jpg

First Poster

Left phone off charge last night and sat on bedside table. Lost 20% battery with phone doing nothing. That is just down right ridiculous Screenshot_20180621-063835_Settings.jpg

Explorer

The same case here - S7 flat. Guys please fix it.Screenshot_20180621-163207_Settings.jpg

Explorer
I've reported about this issue through website form support and Samsung Members App. Got email from support with standard recommendation to do Factory Reset, which i already did, when installed Oreo with Odin and CSC file.
Samsung Members just keeps silence, zero answer from them.
Nobody want to register case and have responsible for it, I'm disappointed.
Samsung Galaxy S7, firmware G930FXXU2ERE8/G930FOXA2ERE8/G930FXXU2ERD6

PS. Seems latest Galaxy S9 Oreo don't have this bug, moreover users reported that ported S9 Oreo ROM to S7 also fix Cell standby bug in S7.
Navigator

@VSiam wrote:
I've reported about this issue through website form support and Samsung Members App. Got email from support with standard recommendation to do Factory Reset, which i already did, when installed Oreo with Odin and CSC file.
Samsung Members just keeps silence, zero answer from them.
Nobody want to register case and have responsible for it, I'm disappointed.
Samsung Galaxy S7, firmware G930FXXU2ERE8/G930FOXA2ERE8/G930FXXU2ERD6

PS. Seems latest Galaxy S9 Oreo don't have this bug, moreover users reported that ported S9 Oreo ROM to S7 also fix Cell standby bug in S7.

This is classical. We only have to hope they'll solve without saying anything but you know * we probably should buy a new phone now * to then receive the same treatment in the future.. anyway I think that if we continue to report the issue we'll have more chances, not to remind that S7 is the phone that many Note7 owners bought when they "had to" so this is maybe twice as disappointing. 

I think that when things will calm down (we are just in the first Oreo release after all) custom ROM will be a good choice

Top Liked Authors