Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

First Poster

Really getting annoying here with the cell standby drain !!!

Samsung ! Please do something, i was all praises for S7  untill the oreo update !!

First Poster

Yes...i have this problem too and it is so bad

Apprentice

OK, so I'm backup to Nougat, battery drain was to high with Oreo.

Thank you for nothing Samsung. I sware that if this issue is not solved very soon my next mobile will be LG or Huawei.

Explorer

I guess the battery drain with Oreo was fixed on S8 and S9, so there's a pretty good chance that it will be fixed on the S7 too. However, not fixing it would be ridiculous, as it is clearly an issue of the firmware.

Explorer

first i wrote through the samsung members app and they told me to connect to webchat someone but that person just told me to erase the cache or factory reset and redirected me for rma near me

you can keep pushing guys through the samsung members app post a screenshot and explain in detail
also on the webchat because they will respond to you for sure
and say that you are not the only one but lots of us and redirect them to this or any other forum with this issue
the more of us report it they will do something about it

Navigator
Just one thought came on my mind: is it possible to "port" (copy the idea what should be done to fix the problem) solution from that ROM to S7 official Oreo ROM?
Explorer

If you don't know the origin of the problem, you can't fix it. Anyways, Samsung doesn't publish source code, except the kernel, and probably S8 and S9 have a very different kernel compared to S7 to identify if it's related to that. It's impossible to make changes if we haven't got any sources.

First Poster

Solution for me:

'settings' in 'apps' was draining all the mobile data. I disabled mobile background access and the problem was solved.

Screenshot_20180622-200712_Settings.jpg

Explorer

How did you limit the mobile data for settings? 

Screenshot_20180623-210101_Settings.jpg

When I get into the mobile data used by settings, it just give me a list of all process linked to settings, and I can't do anything about it.

Apprentice

Disabling background data on every app and system app does help alot. Worth doing regardless.

Top Liked Authors