Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@Rockchagin, seems you have Canadian model G930W, so please do not confuse other people with build numbers!

Here we are on EU community and global model is G930F or G935F and bootloader version can be 1 or 2 (not 3,4 etc.).

@James0071, look at the f.e. BTU firmware list - https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/sm-g935f/BTU/

Latest Nougat (7.0) ROMs have "2": G935FXXS2DRC3, this is what you need.

After downloading from updato.com and unpacking you can check that all files have the same pattern.

Highlighted
Explorer
Thanks @VSiam for clarifying. At least good to know everybody is helping each other out.
Explorer

@VSiam wrote:

@Rockchagin, seems you have Canadian model G930W, so please do not confuse other people with build numbers!

Here we are on EU community and global model is G930F or G935F and bootloader version can be 1 or 2 (not 3,4 etc.).

@James0071, look at the f.e. BTU firmware list - https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/sm-g935f/BTU/

Latest Nougat (7.0) ROMs have "2": G935FXXS2DRC3, this is what you need.

After downloading from updato.com and unpacking you can check that all files have the same pattern.

Is there a specific thread here for the Canadian model?

Apprentice

Is there a specific thread here for the Canadian model?

@Rockchagin, this board is hosted by Samsung EU (as you can see from the URL of this post: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/uk-mobile/message-id/24239).  Since Canada is not in the EU, there is unlikely to be a Canadian thread on this board.

Having said that, there is undoubtedly a Samsung website and board for North America.

Good luck.

Explorer

Guys, I've got tired of waiting for an update that never comes and sold my S7 edge. I've bought as a temporary phone Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and... I'm pretty sure I'll use it much longer than I planned. It has a superb 4000mAh battery (SOT around 8 hours) and pure Android Oreo 8.1, which runs very fast, despite Snap 625. If you are a gamer and want sth more powerful, than go for Poco with Snap 845, which costs about 300 euro. It's a joke that Samsung offers A6+ for the same price with... Snap 450  

So, dear Samsung, if you don't change your strategy, you will end like Nokia in 2014.

Good luck to all of you.

Phones are here to help us to be more productive, not wasting our time fixing their bugs.
Apprentice

Well I have decided to wait for the next update and that's it.

If Samsung won't be able to make it be better, Ill revert to nougat.

I saw the discussion here about the bootloader version, mine is 2 which means I can do that.

I also checked for custom roms in XDA, saw there is a big lineage os 15.1 thread development going on there but it is currently doesbtd support Bluetooth calls (which is critic in car or with zungle glasses).

Moreover, anyone can confirm something about the official 8.1 update to our variant?

And where the hell are Samsung staff members in this thread? All I can see is fraustrating customers complaining about the battery drain and that's it. This is ridiculouse.. 

My next phone won't be Samsung for sure!

Explorer

It seems that another firmware has just been released. However, it seems to have bootloader v3. Has anyone tried it already? Is there any improvement with battery life time on that firmware? I'm referring to the battery life when phone is being used etc.Screenshot_20180913-203753_Software update.jpg

Apprentice

I've got the update and so far the battery drain is still there.... I don't know if I should replace the battery or not. The Samsung member app says my battery health is good and nothing is wrong with it. Should I replace the battery? Any suggestions would be much appreciated 

Explorer

@AliTheMan wrote:

I've got the update and so far the battery drain is still there.... I don't know if I should replace the battery or not. The Samsung member app says my battery health is good and nothing is wrong with it. Should I replace the battery? Any suggestions would be much appreciated 

I'm afraid that this problem has nothing to do with battery. It is simply a firmware issue which Samsung doesn't give a s*** about. I'm really angry now. If you are saying that this update hasn't fixed this issue for you, I'm going back to Android 7. "Thank you" Samsung for breaking our phones!

Top Liked Authors