Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer
New update in the Uk ERGE

First Poster

if they changed only modem again it means that samsung think that the problem is on modem site.

right logic?

Explorer

Those that are still having drain issues even after the update, can you please go to About Phone -> Software Information, what does it read under Baseband Version? I'm running Oreo with the baseband version ending in ERG2 and no battery drain issues at all.

And now I just learned that a new bootloader (ERGE) and modem (ERGC) have been released. Downloading them and will flash soon.

Highlighted
Explorer

Mine ends ERE8 on S7 Edge UK and have the problem. This is Oreo first OTA update in April. 

Explorer

@James0071 wrote:

Mine ends ERE8 on S7 Edge UK and have the problem. This is Oreo first OTA update in April. 

Well, that's the problem. That's the old modem. You need ERG2 at least and which is a zip file you flash using TWRP. If your phone is pure stock, there's no way to do that. That's what's bothering everyone. The modding/xda community is able to update to the latest files which Samsung is not pushing to all its customers.

Apprentice

I have ERD6 in Baseband versionScreenshot_20180807-121353_Settings.jpg

Explorer

If you want to solve the battery drain problem, you'll need to install custom recovery TWRP (lots of guides and youtube videos online) then flashing the latest bootloader and modem zip file. I can help those interested.

Explorer
@Xsever Thanks for this. Really helpful information. What's the likelihood of it all crashing and bricking the phone?
Explorer

@James0071 wrote:
@XseverThanks for this. Really helpful information. What's the likelihood of it all crashing and bricking the phone?

Very very low if you follow the instructions correctly, but this does trip the knox/warranty counter just so you know.

Explorer

Check the samsung member app under notices there is news that for s7 and edge there will be update in september

Top Liked Authors