Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Navigator

So it seems that after years that samsung is in the top smartphones makers they are not able to make a decent firmware and a still powerful device HAS TO at least or battery drain or lag in the most simple tasks. Well done samsung, as always. I'm still wondering how they replied to the report I sent where I mentioned planned obsolescence but my members app still keeps force closing 😂

Explorer

Battery seems to have improved a little bit with the latest update for me, also the cell standby thing is gone.

However battery life for me was satisfying before and still is after the update, so no problems there.

Navigator

It is may be a good idea to watch the real batterylife instead of looking in the statistics. I wonder if they are so smart to just modify the statistics to calm down the users as Samsung allready stated that this is an issue of ststistics only. 

Hehe.

Oliver

Highlighted
Explorer

They're right about statistics; sometimes the accumulated % is 200

Explorer

Screenshot_20180724-092837_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg

Battery does last longer for me after the update, but since I'm away from home it could just be that the signal is slightly better. Still, if I reach 4 hours SOT, can't complain.

Just to be clear I also deactivated 4G calls (VOLTE) through my carrier's app (noticed a big improvement at the time), and disabled most of the bloatwares with a well known app.

Navigator

@James0071 wrote:

They're right about statistics; sometimes the accumulated % is 200

Percentage resets to 0% only if you charge your phone to 100%, so a 200% accumulated percentage is nothing strange

Explorer

How is everyone getting on with the new update? I've been running it since Friday.  I am downgrading back to Nougat.  For me battery life is worse and the occasional stutters are becoming annoying.

First Poster

Exactly the same- 20% cell standby. Zero improvement after the update.

Explorer

So now it's quite obvious - Samsung did it on purpose, they've intentionally decided to shut down S7 devices... 

Explorer

I'm running a stock-based ROM from xda called DevBase 5.8 Oreo and i flashed on top of it the latest bootloader, modem, and kernel and my battery life is better than on Nougat. It's really sad if xda developers are doing a better job than Samsung.

Top Liked Authors