Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

Then why only happened on s7 and why Samsung do nothing ?

Samsung Romania did not even bother to answer me. 

Explorer

@Pichulec through odin ?
not tripping the knox warranty ?

Explorer
@SmashMix yes I did contacted Android Authority just a couple of hours ago. Wrote a brief description of the issue and send them the link to this thread.
Explorer

@dj1891 wrote:

Just a thought, would switching to Wifi calling help with standby drain? I never use wifi calling to be honest.

@dj1891 I have used Wi-Fi Calling but this option only helps you get better quality calls while you are on an Wi-Fi network in order to save your data plan but besides the fact that Wi-Fi Calling is not always available it doesn't help saving you're battery too much. The Cell Standby process goes rogue because of this but in the update, I activated the Keep Wi-Fi During sleep and the process still consumed 10% of my battery during a 7 hours sleep.

Explorer

You're right ovidiul. I agree with Wonder Toy that it's a common Oreo problem but if Samsung is going to use that OS then they should provide some kind of support to the people who bought their $800 phones. We all p***** off here at both Samsung and Oreo and anything to do with 'em, lol. Hell, I told yall I'm not even buying the cookies anymore!

Explorer

If it's not only Samsung problem, then why I don't hear any other phone users complain about that, except S7 flat and edge users? And why Samsung doesn't want to admit officially: "yes, there's a problem, we'll working on that, we'll solve it as quick as we can". No, they keep making *****s of people, pretending there's no problem. I don't wanna forejudge, but it looks like they've decided to put down S7 phones... NO MORE SAMSUNG!

Explorer

I think its an 8.0 problem.  Its been fixed in newer versions of Android but Samsung can't be bothered rolling out another version after only releasing 8.0.  Don't be surprised if its never fixed.

It's the same when Apple release a new version of iOS.  iOS 11 was rubbish, it took to 11.0.2 before it worked OK, It's

the same every year.  Probably same with Android but the manufacturers jump on the first release and its always buggy.

Highlighted
Explorer
Yassssss!!!!! Joakim, I feel you! I'm headed to Pixel next- but not before I try to get the most out of this factory reset S7. I'll just have to tote around a battery bank everywhere I go now.
Explorer

Samsung really is a dirty company.  I read recently about their trade-in program in the US.  You go to trade in say your S7, you post details on their site about its condition etc, they give you a price, you ship the phone in.  They say it does not match the description, give you next to nothing for it and they don't give you the option to cancel the deal they keep the phone tough *****.

Explorer

Start Googling. There are Oreo Standby drain problem on S7, S8, S9, OnePlus devices, Sony devices etc. Grow up and stop whining. We need solution, not a bunch of crybabies crying over Samsung.

@dj1891 Name a single "non-dirty" company. I dare you. 

Top Liked Authors