Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

Does downgrading to the official nougat rom using odin trigger the knox counter?

First Poster

Same situation.  S7 drains battery on lte network.  Pls. Help Samsung!!!!

AntS Moderator

Hi guys.

I've raised this issue to our software team; and me or one of the other mods will keep you updated on any advice they give. If you're able to, please do send any error log files on this issue over to the software team via the Members app (as per the advice from LiamH) - the more info they've got on something the better.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi AntS,

Thank you very much for your feedback to the topic, it's really appreciated.

Hopefully we can help out with reports, but I'm not sure there are any error log files to report as such since it's a function of the software rather than an identifiable and tangible bug. What would you (anybody) suggest on what to do to help out?

AntS Moderator

No worries, James0071. :robothappy:

Both some of you S7 guys and some of the S8 guys who’ve reported similar battery drain on Oreo have said that it’s worse on mobile data/4G, so in this instance I’d suggest capturing log files of when the phone’s on that.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer
No. If it´s an official firmware, Knox counter isn´t increased.
Apprentice

Same here on my s7. Oreo does seem smoother than nougat but the battery drain has increased. Mobile standby using more than my screen. A fix is realy needed.

First Poster

Same problem. Very frustrated. Need fix or to revert

First Poster

Same problem on my A3 2017 (SM-A320FL). Hopefully this will get resolved...Screenshot_20180617-095032_Settings.jpg

Navigator

Hi, AntS!

Thank you for telling us about built-in Members application's bug/issue reporting function! I honestly didn't know about it!

After Oreo update I had to use Wifi networks more than before on Nougat cause as previously has been said battery drain is greatly lower on Wifi than on mobile data. Now I will start using mobile data again and keep reporting the issue using Members app. I set up the app's bug reporting on "Always" (I think that means device will by default shoot reports regularly to Samsung's software team without asking me to).

Top Liked Authors