Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't use Samsung Pay gear 3

(Topic created on: 24-01-2018 07:17 AM)
Mikimavas
Apprentice
Options

I have a oneplus 5 mobile and a gear s3 frontier international version.

I have set up samsung pay and added cards wich has been verified by the banks and are activated.

I have tried a couple of diffrent merchants and its keeps rejecting my purchase.

When setting up pay through the gear app on my phone, a dialogue box poped up "register device (united arab emirates) so i believe its an uae version perhaps and thats why my samsung pay wont work in uk mechants.

Can any provide any insight or suggestions i have the gear s3 sm-r760.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mikimavas

Ive seen this happen before because its a device with a firmware thats not been released for your own country. 

I.e. I was going to import the Samsung Note Fe but Samsung Pay would not work because of the above reasons. 

Unless Samsung change something in the future im afraid you maybe stuck. 

On a phone a person can consider replacing the current firmware with a custom Rom i.e. the firmware for their own country but im unsure wether this can be achieved on the Gear s3. 

This is one reason I bought my Samsung Gear s3 frontier watch from Samsung in the UK. 

You may have to consider selling the watch and buy one in your country. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
swilkes
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same problem as you I had bought my gear s3 off of appliances direct when setting up samsung pay it also said that it was from the UAE and didnt give me any options to change it I didnt think much of it at the time. I have sent samsung support an email with my problems and waiting for an answer. When ever I go to pay for something I never get an error message but the receiver never picks it up.

0 Likes
Mikimavas
Apprentice
Options

Mine allows me to use santander and nationwide but my american express wont work and it says card details to long,  as amex is diffrent to standard 16 digit cards.

So my UAE model did eventually let ne register my santan and nation cards and work fine with them.

0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options

I am in the UK and my S9 plus is from the UAE.  Just set up Samsung pay - works fine and tested in Aldi.  Initially the app would not launch (UAE error message) but then I cleared the App data and cache, went back into the app and it launched fine and allowed me to add my cards. No need for flashing ROMs !!!

0 Likes