Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ringtone

(Topic created on: 11-09-2018 03:46 AM)
BrandyAlexander
First Poster
Options

When I go to set an alarm or ringtone on my J3 I can only choose from my Google Drive, and even then these won't work and it goes to the default tone. What can I do to change this so I can use downloaded music or Google Drive files? 

67 REPLIES 67
KATEKA
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much. Mine is working now cuz I disabled the drive.

0 Likes
KonaTrue
First Poster
Options

This help saved me.  I made a simular mistake and had to disable Google drive temporarily so that it would allow me to chose the other program to complete the action.  Thank you.

0 Likes
SteveC49
First Poster
Options
After you've selected your ringtone, return by using the top-left back option rather than the 'return' arrow (bottom right) which implies 'return & cancel' rather than 'return and save'.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

"Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > and click the top right corner one with three dots..

Click it  > Reset Preferences  Apps  >  and a window will appear ."

This did it for me. Thanks a bunch.

0 Likes
ArnoldGwyn
First Poster
Options

Here's the real answer to your dilemma of not being able to select a different ringtone due to the selection defaulting to an app such as Google Drive. In my case, the ringtone selection automatically opened a folder organizer app. The REAL Solution....drum roll...lies within the app that is being defaulted to. Within the android gear setting, click on the app, and change the setting option that has anything to do with the word default. Here's the path I used on my Samsung S7: swipe from the top and select the setting gear > select Apps > scroll to the problematic default app (i.e., Google Drive) > If this is the culprit app, the "Set as default" option should be clickable, so select it > select Clear Defaults, and Voila! You should now be able to change the ringtone using the suggested procedure, under Sounds and Vibration > Ringtone. You will no longer be taken automatically to the problematic default app, but to the ringtone selection menu.

spandau_capital
First Poster
Options

KAUF APPLEPRODUKTE !!!!!!

0 Likes
Trivanks
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the quick helpful answer. appreciated ....
0 Likes
ITANA
First Poster
Options

"@ 

Hi I could not change my ringtone too. It was sending me to My Drive and could do nothing about that. I have put a ringtone in to My Drive folder and nothing. I selected the song in Ringtone add option, it showed me loading the file but could not find it among ringtones. Then I went to settings, disabled Drive and now all works fine. 

Go to aplication manager disable this and should be working."

soundcloud downloader apk

Thank you, this worked for me. Thanks!!

0 Likes
Angies46721972
First Poster
Options

Could be a sign your phone been compromised if it says under settings, sound, ringtone "unknown" and cannot select a ringtone period! Have to restart your phone or try to hard reset the device! For me took flashing stock rom to wipe my hacker (my exbf) out of my device and also had to reinstall windows 7 pro on my laptop too!  Be careful everyone and trust me if you think someone in your phone or computer, that hunch feeling you get in the pit of your stomach? You are most likely right as after all you know your phone period! Thanks Angie S.

0 Likes
Anniebelly6
First Poster
Options

SOLVED!

When you choose the ring tone you want don't press Add (top right corner) just press the back key on your phone (bottom right) 

0 Likes