Support

Open search

Caller ID not showing on S7 Edge

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Recently upgraded to Oreo and Samsung 9.0. Now I can't accept any calls. The phone rings and vibrates, but nothing appears on the screen and there is no way of answering the phone. Any ideas?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewL Moderator
It may have been a temporary software issue that has been resolved by restarting the phone, Mike. Keep an eye on it and let us know if you encounter any further problems.
16 REPLIES 16
CarlH Moderator

Hi @97MDE. We'd like you to place your phone in Safe Mode. To do this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. Let us know if you still experienc the issue during this. 

First Poster

Hi Carl, I've just done that but I can't do anything with the phone in safe mode. I restarted it in the normal way, but all that happens when it rings is vibrates.

Mike

CarlH Moderator

Did anybody call you while you were in Safe Mode, @97MDE, or were you able to call your mobile to test if it worked as it should?

First Poster

Hi Carl, I hadn't but I have done now. I can confirm it worked in Safe Mode. I then restarted the phone and called myself and yes, it worked. So it seems to be ok. What was causing the issue?

Mike

AndrewL Moderator
It may have been a temporary software issue that has been resolved by restarting the phone, Mike. Keep an eye on it and let us know if you encounter any further problems.
First Poster

I'm currently in safe mode, and had my husband call me. Nothing! It rings but there no caller screen and no way to answer.  This update has totally messed up my phone! How do I get rid of this stupid useless update!!??

First Poster
Yes it still happens in safe mode.
CarlH Moderator

Hi @MammaMoon75. Please take your SIM card out and give the gold contacts a rub then insert it back in the phone. Do you also have an alternative SIM card you could try? 

First Poster

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @MammaMoon75. Please take your SIM card out and give the gold contacts a rub then insert it back in the phone. Do you also have an alternative SIM card you could try? 

Hi. 😊 I tried all of that. None of it worked or changed anything.   I actually had to factory reset the darn thing.  It was so glitchy w multiple things. It appears to be working now, altho I'm not sure what will happen when I update it.  Very unhappy w this phone (S 7edge) it's gotten worse w every update.

Top Liked Authors