Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black dot/splodge on new Galaxy watch face - anyone else?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2019 12:11 PM)
d8smt
Explorer
Options

I've had my watch less than 7 days, but when I put a white background watchface or app on the screen, I notice a black splodge around the edge of the watch screen. Others in the US have reported this also, in various locations around the edge of the screen - but mine is at (roughly) the 1 O'clock position. It's only noticeable on a light background. Nobody has posted any solution about this, though.

Anyone else have this? Is it actually a fault or some sort of sensor shadow? Samsung have offered to replace/refund the watch, which is good, but it's a real pain to wait a couple of weeks for a replacement so I'd like ot know beforehand if it's actually a fault.

thanks

Dave

black dot at 1 O'clock positionblack dot at 1 O'clock position

20190107_092749.jpg

20190107_092829.jpg

20190107_092840.jpg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CarlH
Options

Hi @d8smt. I'd take that back to the retailer for a replacement. Alternatively, you could take it to a Service Centre for a repair if you don't wwant to wwait a few weeks for the replacement. 

0 Likes
d8smt
Explorer
Options

Thanks Carl @carlh, much appreciated.

MajorMajor
Apprentice
Options

No little marks/spots on mine, so yes I'd take it back. Couple of dead pixels maybe?

0 Likes
Jim17
First Poster
Options

Yes I have 2 spots on my watch screen.. at first it was one and it was very small and now 2 of them. Did anyone find out why and if it can be fixed? My watch is over 2 years and I wear it every day. IMG_20191204_204032235~2.jpg

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

As @CarlH suggested, I'd advise popping into your local Samsung Support Centre. Check out this link to find the closest one to you.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Claireham
First Poster
Options

I got the samsung Galaxy 42mm Rose gold watch on 25/12/19, and today 16/01/2020 I noticed a black splodge has appeared next to the 4 and 5 places on the clock.  It shows on every screen and advice please 

0 Likes
Renato Moreira
First Poster
Options

boa tarde a todos... o meu esta com o mesmo problema..... e não sei o que fazer para arrumar!

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 15.05.35.jpeg

0 Likes
Black dot
First Poster
Options

I am also have ablack dot

IMG_20230527_205359.jpg

0 Likes
Anish Kurian
First Poster
Options

Is your problem resolved? I have got a spot on the exact same area on my watch. 

0 Likes