Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Voice not working

(Topic created on: 19-07-2017 05:07 PM)
Sparky27
First Poster
Options

Can anyone tell me when the Bixby voice will be working in the U.K.

45 REPLIES 45
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sparky27

Indeed a question many here and On other forums along with several tech blog sites are all asking. 

Samsung wouldn't typically comment on timeframes. 

I suspect eventually we'll be hit with a sudden firmware update out of the blue to provide the feature. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jungleandy4
Student
Options

My loyalty goes elsewhere from now on , still no bixby voice in Uk.  Samsung are mocking us . False advertisement at it's very very worst 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jungleandy4 wrote:

My loyalty goes elsewhere from now on , still no bixby voice in Uk.  Samsung are mocking us . False advertisement at it's very very worst 

I'd like Bixby Voice too but to be honest it's not a deal breaker as I have Google Assistant and it's not a must have feature in comparison to what these Samsung Galaxy phones achieve. 

Would you rather they released a half baked product and then send out updates which they'd get slated for, or wait for a fully operational service ? I'm up for the latter. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pin255
Explorer
Options

I'd rather have Bixby at least in American English. However, Samsung believes that we can wait indefinitely :smileymad:

PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options

It's the  typical treat UK customers the worst policy from Samsung.....delay Bixby....give no information....dont offer leads with the wireless charger and don't give a free VR with the S8.....love the phone but really dislike Samsung customer service UK policy........

Pin255
Explorer
Options

The new Bixby updates have just arrived via Galaxy Apps including Bixby voice, Global Action, Voice input, Service and Wake-up.

Bixby voice still doesn't work. But the main problem is that I cannot open Lock screen and security settings after these updates. 'Settings has stopped. Restart app.' 

Can Samsung team provide any explanations?

BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Pin255.

Try clearing the cache of the Settings app. Go to Settings > Apps > find the 'Settings' app > Storage > Clear cache.

Let us know if this resolves the issue. 

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options

Does this update mean Bixby Voice now works in the UK....because it's still not working for me

Pin255
Explorer
Options

This didn't solve the problem. The only way to solve this problem is to remove Bixby voice updates.