Support

Open search

BRAND NEW j7 Issues

First Poster

Good morning. 
I am writing here in hope to solve my issue. 20171202_113105.jpg
2 days before I have bought a samsung j7(smj730f) Brand new smart phone from a shop who claims it is authorised by samsung to sell his products. 
I have an issue with the phone and the shop/person refuse to help me or to find a solution. 
I have attached the above screenshot. 
I tried to add my files from my old phone samsung s6 phone to the new phone. 
On the old phone the total memory was 32gb and the total memory i used was 10.40 gb(with my files,system files,apps and everything) I tried transfering this files with smart switch to my new phone.The total memory of the new phone is 16 gb.I tried transfering all to this phone and all what fit was 6 gb-with all my files and apps.(I have attached a screenshot as well) 
Can you please help me out.What is occupying the rest of 10 gb?I asked the seller to explain me and he tried to shut me down saying that the rest is the system.How can the system take 10gb?How was in my other phone the whole things+system taking ONLY 10gb. 
The android is advertised to take only 2gb. Than my items + system would be only 8 gb,meaning that I am missing 8gb somewhere. Please advice how can I solve this issue,and if the phone seems to be damaged,or if there is any solution. 
When buying this phone was advertised 16gb and I was expecting to be able to us at least 80% of this memory,now I am able to use max 40% of the memory advertised.Definetely there is a mistake or a problem somewhere 
Thank you for the help

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @melindas6

Its unfortunate that the salesperson cant / wont help support you. I assume as the phone is functioning correctly then they will not see the use of storage being within their remit. 

The Os does not take up 10gb. 

Im assuming when the transfer has happened then either junk files have come across or some things corrupted. 

To give you some balance here's a screenshot of my current s8 storage stats. 

Screenshot_20171202-193914.png

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Thank you for your message.

According the picture posted you don't have many files on your phone but the occupied space is 16gb.

I understand that approx 2gb are the applications you have,lets says around 3gb the android. And what would be the rest what takes up space?

I tried all solutions on the internet.

Cleared cache automatically than manually.

I read that rooting a phone offers solution,do you have any information regarding this?

I

Superuser I
Superuser I

You’re welcome @melindas6

Rooting the phone can trip the Knox Counter thus invalidating the remaining Manufacturing Warranty. 

I think the Os takes 4-5 Gb as it’ll gate off storage for future updates and security patches. 

The user data part of the Storage Stats will probably be....

Apps.

Contacts.

Account Information. 

Texts / MMS Messages. 

Videos.

emails and attachments. 

Tones that’s been downloaded. 

Music if not kept on a Sd Card. 

Calendar Entries. 

Notes.

photos. 

Pretty much what a person has added from first booting up the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors