Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not working

(Topic created on: 08-09-2017 01:37 PM)
PJ8
Student
Options

After an overnight update by Google, now the Google group of apps will open but when used the app just closes and the tablet goes back to the home screen. There is a box that pops up every time saying app has stopped working. I can access Google and outlook and other sites through the internet okay. I have tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling but the same thing happens.

(1)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PJ8
Student
Options

I tried deleting various apps with no success. Then I noticed my tablet had updated some Google apps overnight chrome being one of them .I disabled chrome and my tablet now works okay no further problems everything back to normal. So the chrome update was the cause.

View solution in context

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all!

I've merged a few of the threads covering this one.

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

To update Android System Webview

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

View solution in context

35 REPLIES 35
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try deleting the apps cache and data before uninstalling and also navigate to your Play Store and under my apps delete them there too. 

If you download them again and the same happens then my suggestion is to back up and factory reset. 

If still no joy then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can help. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
PJ8
Student
Options

I tried deleting various apps with no success. Then I noticed my tablet had updated some Google apps overnight chrome being one of them .I disabled chrome and my tablet now works okay no further problems everything back to normal. So the chrome update was the cause.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's good that you found the rogue app but as Google chrome is widely used I'd expect to see more posts raising the issue. 

You could go within the app and send a bug report to the developer. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ScottieLynda
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem overnight with my samsung galaxy tab (2016) and disabling chrome did the trick.  I enabled it again and everything is working fine.  Thanks for the hint!!

0 Likes
Django47
First Poster
Options

Sir you have no idea the wonderful service you have done me with your unbelievable fix for this problem with the apps not working. I can't imagine what lead you to this but it is pure genius. I've been going bonkers all day looking up all these complicated online 100% guarantee fix that turned out to be 0.00000% .I just disabled chrome, tried everything else so what the hell. I was agog, I would never have sussed that in a hundred years. Thank you.

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Tjhsmits
Student
Options

Same here so after I disabled Chrome the apps worked just fine again.

Tjhsmits
Student
Options
Had the same problem, but now I have disabled Chrome and everything works fine again.
0 Likes
Jordansland01
First Poster
Options

A full day of troubleshooting my other app that wasn't working. Deleting the apps, reinstalling, updating and emailing the developers to no avail. I found this and tried it and voila it worked 🙂 I am so happy. I disabled chrome and tried the app that wasn't working and it now works. I reinstalled Chrome and updated it through the Play Store and everything works. I cannot explain how amazing I think you are for finding this fix, thank you. You could have easily kept this to yourself but you didn't and that speaks volumes for your character. Once again thank you!!!

0 Likes