Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alti-Barometer application and sea level altitude

(Topic created on: 24-04-2019 08:04 AM)
andriano
First Poster
Options

Dear Mr or Mrs,

I'm afraid I have run into a little inconvenience on my Samsung Gear watch. On the home screen of the Alti-Barometer application the value of barometric pressure is shown exactly as it is in that particular location. The trouble is every other watch I have owned so far (Suunto, Garmin) show the value like it would be were the user standing at the sea level altitude in that particular location. TV news or weather forecast or weather stations show it in the same way. Do you think it would be possible to add a setting to the application that would allow the user to choose from the two displays mentions above?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BuyersReport
Apprentice
Options

Oh look. 21 months on and this problem still exists.

As a product journalist who just obtained a Galaxy Watch because the Barometer function appealed to me, I was in for a shock. I didn’t believe what I read on social media, namely that Samsung don’t care about this problem and most people who reported it did not get so much as an acknowledgment. 

To arrive here and see what you wrote all those months ago was quite a shock. It proves Samsung doesn’t care to correct this problem.

The worst bit is Galaxy Watch knows the actual sea level air pressure but fails to allow users to display it as default or to choose whether to display sea level air pressure or the sensor pressure. It looks like shoddy engineering by a company that doesn’t care to rectify this.

As a product journalist I’m keen to hear from those who have this same problem, find out the model numbers affected, when purchased and how long ago it was reported, and whether Samsung responded, and what they offered to do. 

As a consumer, you’re entitled to ask for rectification. Moreover, as this is an inherent defect, it would be difficult for Samsung to argue that the user caused the defect to show. 

I’m looking at running an article in relevant media to spotlight the issue of the defective software.

0 Likes