Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All gear Fit Applications "Not Compatible with your device"

(Topic created on: 18-10-2017 02:19 PM)
eserim
Student
Options

Hi

I have a Galaxy A3 2015.  Yes, it is running a custom rom, but ALL the Apps I need for my newly purchased Gear Fit 2 say my device is incompatible - that's the main app and the plugin.

Have I wasted my money here?  My phone meets the specs for non-Samsung devices.

Cheers

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @eserim going  off the info it does seem the custom Rom you have installed is the most likely culprit.

And as the gear uses knox if it detects a custom Rom it will stop it from pairing as it would void the warranty.

A good source of info is XDA developers 

I suppose you could try installing a different Rom on your device as you have already done so leaving your gear as is to keep your warranty on the gear valid.

But do be carefull as I have read loads of stories were people have bricked their device installing custom Roms.

Does your gear pair with your device and only the apps you wish to use come up with the error 

You could try removing the apps your trying to install and just use the gear as it is.

A bit of a compromise but that way you know you still have your warranty.

DRUID DOODE
eserim
Student
Options

many thanks - the answer was here https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s2/help/samsung-devices-running-cm13-12-1-pair-t3290076 - basicalluy, as you say, having tripped KNOX it wasn't going to run (I have no idea why they've set it this way)  so changing the make of phone ibn the build_prop got around this.

All prety stupid - I'#ve now got to work out how to use the thing!

DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi @eserim I thought that would be the issue.

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

If you use the gear fit app there is a option with a more comprehensive user manual link inside

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Mariosuper1
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung A03. Same issue. Is there fix for this? I don't like saying this but with Apple you won't have these issues

0 Likes