Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adchoices

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 09:48 AM)
AndyH
Student
Options

I've recently started getting popup ads from adchoices on my s7 edge.

I've tried all sorts of apps to try and remove them or stop them popping up. 

I've been told they are legitimate adds placed by Google in software.

But they do interfere with the operation of the phone.

For instance if you are recording video it will stop the recording if an add pops up.

Or if you are using a banking app you will have to log back in if and add apears. 

Is there anyway to remove this addware. 

I'm sure level of intrusion adchoices produces is not legal. 

69 REPLIES 69
Adchoices
First Poster
Options

@ShiniInsanity wrote:

I also have the same problem but I started getting them after I removed Peelremote. Peelremote was annoying but these new ads appear whenever I try sending a message to someone blocking the part where I type and making me wait till it's gone again. It's highly annoying and I do not know how to get rid of it.
It always has this triangle with an i in it and an x but the x doesn't work.. 

Capture.JPG

I too can not get a text message written or messenger message, without an ad popping up interrupting and stopping my progress! Even when dialing it does it at times. God forbid a person have an emergency and cant get help due to Adchoice ads popping up! I'm at the point of looking into any other phone choice besides Samsung... just to get away from all the junk ads that nobody cares about! I have always been a Samsung lover but now I'm warding people away and looking to change myself. They need to stop this asap and offer an opt out of ads!! If anyone knows how to do this... I'd love to know how. 

0 Likes
Dennis92840
First Poster
Options

I finally had to go for the factory reset and NOT restore the installed apps. That finally removed adchoices. What a relief! Finally, no more popup ads... so far...

0 Likes
Jorob67777
First Poster
Options
Spoiler
I have the samsung note 8 and I've been fighting this for a while.  I think i just solved the problem.  When the ad popped up i shrank it to show my different windows in the top left corner it says advertisement. I tapped and held down my finger on that. It switched and showed the app sending the ads.  So far no more ads.  I suggest before uninstalling the app clear the app cache then uninstall
0 Likes
Jay17
First Poster
Options

I uninstalled 2 different compass apps,weather app,and Facebook lite,galaxy j3 prime so far no adchoices I was getting them every couple of minutes

0 Likes
BigBangTrek
First Poster
Options

I  started having this same problem on my galaxy tablet. After reading these posts I started uninstalling apps. I looked at the "about" to see if was listed under the apps installed but couldn't find it. I believe for me it was embedded in the Google Earth app. My guess is that it might be a random add on to an app since people list different apps they deleted did the trick. I think I did one of those quick download the app you need "here" apps to use this program when I downloaded Google Earth instead of going to the store. I should have gone to a trusted source to download the app instead of clicking on the quick link on the Web page tool I was trying to use.

mark4017
Student
Options

I did resolve my problem too by eliminating apps one by one until it was cleared. I'm not certain which one was the culprit but I agree that its likely spam that's embedded with various "legitimate" apps like google earth. 

0 Likes
JosieGirl
First Poster
Options

Didn't work for me

0 Likes
Vezzy562
First Poster
Options

You have to call samsung 18007267864 and explain to them the ad pop up issue you are having. What theyll do is remote into you phone and monitor your phone until they see the pop up. Once theyve seen the pop up they can see somehow what app is causing this and have you delete the app to stop these ads. 

The app that was causing these ad pop ups was PHOTO EDITOR. I deleted this app and my phone is back to normal. 

0 Likes
TheBentrick
First Poster
Options

All this Samsung hate is really giving me the giggles. However, this has absolutely nothing to do with Samsung. It's a problem with the un-walled garden that is the Google Play store. I encountered this same issue on two separate Android phones in my company just this week (I'm in IT at a factory of sorts). One was having the issue because of a calculator app with some 7,000 5-star bot reviews and a small handful of 1-star warnings of adware. The other was a similarly-reviewed compass. Who downloads a compass in 2019?

All that to say, Samsung is a perfectly good company and the one screwing you over is some random bad actor with a few months of Java experience and a play store dev account. Find the app, get rid of it, problem solved.

0 Likes
sam126
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the clarification

0 Likes