Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adchoices

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 09:48 AM)
AndyH
Student
Options

I've recently started getting popup ads from adchoices on my s7 edge.

I've tried all sorts of apps to try and remove them or stop them popping up. 

I've been told they are legitimate adds placed by Google in software.

But they do interfere with the operation of the phone.

For instance if you are recording video it will stop the recording if an add pops up.

Or if you are using a banking app you will have to log back in if and add apears. 

Is there anyway to remove this addware. 

I'm sure level of intrusion adchoices produces is not legal. 

69 REPLIES 69
Gabriel17
First Poster
Options

@BandOfBrothers1 wrote:

I use the Samsung Browser with the AdGuard content blocker which stops lots of annoying add's. 

Also look to toggle on any available pop up blocker in your phones settings. 

0 Likes
Pilot798
Journeyman
Options

Probably is an app. Popup blockers and using a differnt browser isn't the answer.  These popup at all times of the day and night such as this moring at 2:20am.  Even with the phone muted it over-rides the mute.   They are worse than robo calls! Ad Choices listen up!!  I would never by something from one of your ads!

BlytheHope
First Poster
Options

My pop-ups always happened after a call ended. I made a phone call, hung up then then pressed the left button (next to home) to see my list of open apps. I found that those after-call-pop-ups were caused by TouchPal. I uninstalled and tried making another phone call... they are gone! It's a miracle. They have been making me crazy. Now it appears I may have another app doing this randomly, beap.gemini.yahoo, but I don't know how to rid myself if that one yet or if this fixed that as well because it they open only sporadically and with no rhyme or reason. Only time will tell I guess.

My phone: Samung Note 8

Offending App: Touchpal

0 Likes
kahibbi
First Poster
Options

Is there a way to tell which apps were installed most recently?  I was looking and I found which ones were updated due to recent updates, but not when they were installed.  I'm just now getting these stupid adchoice pop-ups and need to figure out which app to uninstall ... I just need to figure out which apps were installed in the past week or so.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Armitapq
First Poster
Options

I use a Samsung note8, so since I installed an app, adchoices started appearing, interrupting whatever I was doing on the screen of my mobile, soooo disturbing, I finally unnistalled that app, immediately they stopped appearing.

Dankees
Apprentice
Options

What app?

0 Likes
Pilot798
Journeyman
Options

What app was it? You should write a review so they know this type of advertising is not acceptable!  I would also file a complaint with your states AG office and BBB.  

I received a call once at the same time one of these f!@k@#$ ads came thru... I had to exit the ad before I could answer the phone!

0 Likes
Jen7
First Poster
Options

I just decided to start checking apps I've installed recently to see if adchoices is mentioned in details. Sure enough, it was Calculator Pro that was the culprit. App gone, ads gone. Apparently there are many apps that can have adchoices attached. Good luck all!

0 Likes
JCH955
First Poster
Options

I've found that this began when I was forced to install the Samsung software update in April 2018. Since then, when a new update comes up, which you're forced to do, it gets worse. Now, it's time for the next one and the system will only allow you so many times to delay. I agree with others...try to answer an incoming call and one of these ads pop up, it causes a delay. I'm really sick of it. We already pay through the nose for the damned phone...we don't need the ads to support your company!

0 Likes
Pilot798
Journeyman
Options

How about a class action lawsuit!

0 Likes